Author Topic: Updated Banggood Laser kits? (Mana SE and TTL Laser)  (Read 5035 times)

HaniC

• View Profile
Updated Banggood Laser kits? (Mana SE and TTL Laser)
« on: January 10, 2017, 07:56:49 PM »
So, I ordered an A5 size 2500mW Eleksmaker Laser Engraver kit last week and am yet to receive it.

I was just browsing around today and came across this:

http://www.banggood.com/2-Axis-Stepper-Motor-Driver-Board-Controller-Laser-board-For-DIY-Laser-Engraver-p-1015557.html

This is the control board and it appears to be the new one superseding the old L7. It's a Mana SE I believe. It's the same product ID as the old L7 and a few days ago it was showing pics of the original controller but now pics are of new hardware (with 3 pin laser connector for TTL version?). Here's what they say:

"(Now the original board and the new one will send in random, but in the future, the new boards will replace the original ones, hope your kindly understanding, thank you:) )"

Also, on the A3 version someone wrote a review recently claiming that they got a kit with this new version of controller and with TTL laser instead of the traditional standard version. The reviewer seemed pissed about it but this is a good thing thing right? I should hope I get this version?

If interested here is the link to the A3 version - Check 3rd review from top dated 4th Jan:

http://www.banggood.com/2500mW-A3-30x40cm-Desktop-DIY-Violet-Laser-Engraver-Picture-CNC-Printer-Assembling-Kits-reviews-p1003863.html

I am betting they are going to replace all versions with this proper TTL version in a short while. They've even linked new software this month called EleksCAM. Thoughts?

HaniC

• View Profile
Re: Updated Banggood Laser kits? (Mana SE and TTL Laser)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 07:58:13 PM »
Another reviewer also received the updated kit. Review dated the 9th.

Shipped fast. Now in the box is included an instructions sheet (wich is helpful with the video provided here). Assembling time approx 1hr. The control board is entirely new: laser pwm enabled by default, new laser with calibration swich, mill output connector and other nice things (the board itself is called Mana SE). Overall good product, cames with few spare parts and assembling tools. The software provided is quite functioning, but there are others capable of driving this machine better.

I think people may be receiving versions at random until old version stocks are exhausted.

HaniC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 03:41:08 PM »
For anyone interested, I received my kit today and it is infact the Mana SE version with 2500mW laser with on board TTL/PWM.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 03:54:54 PM »
For anyone interested, I received my kit today and it is infact the Mana SE version with 2500mW laser with on board TTL/PWM.

We are all interested...!!! Good news...!!!
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
http://www.BenCutLaser.us/BenCutLaserSetup2.5b.exe.zip
BCL Paid license: $49.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com

robertch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 12:56:13 AM »
will be interested to receive mine just bought my first unit last week the 2500w should be here in the next few days i assume what is being discussed here is a good thing ?

when i get it how do i tell if i have revived the new version ?

msm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 01:19:31 AM »
Do we know if you can still flash the new GRBL to these boards so we can still use the alternative software?

BritVic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 01:56:22 AM »
re - "Do we know if you can still flash the new GRBL to these boards so we can still use the alternative software?"

Well someone had to say it! Good question...... Have the software boys got to start over?

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 02:29:30 AM »
The site I found this morning says the following

EleksMaker-Mana 3 Axis stepper motor drive control board for CNC Arduino GRBL/Benbox laser engraving machine Plotter Dispenser
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:38:25 AM by ROSS »
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

msm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 02:49:07 AM »
The site I found this morning days the following

EleksMaker-Mana 3 Axis stepper motor drive control board for CNC Arduino GRBL/Benbox laser engraving machine Plotter Dispenser

I'm hoping that means GRBL will go on fine and therefore all the software that uses this will be fine. I have not received my kit yet (only ordered a few days ago) but once I have I will have a play around with it to see what happens!

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 03:43:50 AM »
I'm hoping that means GRBL will go on fine and therefore all the software that uses this will be fine. I have not received my kit yet (only ordered a few days ago) but once I have I will have a play around with it to see what happens!

Ha!  its Chinese so depend on it!
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

HaniC

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 05:12:21 AM »
Ok, quick update. Everything is the same as L7 but laser pin is on D11 for PWM. Arduino board appears to still be a nano(ish) board and I can still upload grbl 1.1e onto it and use other software.

So for all intents an puposes, its just an upgrade to the previous version with full TTL laser functionality.

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 05:49:56 AM »
Thanks Hani....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

msm

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 06:20:06 AM »
Brilliant, thanks for checking that.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 09:45:48 AM »
Ok, quick update. Everything is the same as L7 but laser pin is on D11 for PWM. Arduino board appears to still be a nano(ish) board and I can still upload grbl 1.1e onto it and use other software.

So for all intents an puposes, its just an upgrade to the previous version with full TTL laser functionality.

Whew (wipes brow)...glad I don't have to start all over with BCL...!!!
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
http://www.BenCutLaser.us/BenCutLaserSetup2.5b.exe.zip
BCL Paid license: $49.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 09:49:10 AM »
Gee, if you started over you would have a chance of getting it right.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.