Author Topic: Rescue Project  (Read 221 times)

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Rescue Project
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2019, 09:51:59 PM »
I don't know how important it is but the person who recommended hairspray to me was insistent that it be unscented. After 2 years I am on the first can. Recently stated using the flex steel plates with PEI. Works great.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

GD George

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2019, 02:21:48 PM »
Thanks for that. Not sure why it would be important unless heating released nasties from the scent...

GD George

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2019, 03:15:52 PM »
No time to work with the thing for a couple of days. Got home today and haven't done anything but clean the laundry room and rebuild a bit.

Wednesday while I was working on some stuff for work I printed a couple of holders to replace the one on the z-axis, which was broken when I got the printer. I had Jerry-rigged (I'm a Jerry and allowed to do that!) the original but it tended to slip if you looked at it crosseyed. So I installed one of the new ones, zeroed the printer, and re-leveled the bed. Took a bit to get the extruder low enough but I think I'm there. 

Regarding the hot bed issues I've been having, I finally thought to check the power supply and discovered that it was only sending 11v (under load).  I potted it up to 13 and the bed heats up much more promptly.  Hopefully I'll stop seeing the thermal runaway errors now.

Final note for tonight, I think.  I'm printing a spool base right now. I have been leaving the spool on a table and occasionally straightening out the filament as it slipped off the spool.  I just took the spool and put it over a cardboard tube supported by two bins and the print quality improved greatly. I assume that this is because of the tension on the filament being stabilized rather than all over the place. 

Anyway, that's where I am right now works and I'm getting the hang of running it!

Best,
Jerry
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 05:40:16 PM by GD George »