« on: March 27, 2017, 06:25:42 AM »
I've added some comments below, don't worry about it. Just wear the glasses when it is turned on and you'll be fine.
1) I plan to use BCL (sorry for not chosing T2) No problem, use what works for you.
2) I don't know how to calibrate the laser with respect to finding a "home" position of the laserhead, while not burning the table or whatever else is placed underneath it at the time. I'm sure it's easy to set the 0,0 using BCL
3) I have detected two switches on my Eleksmaker A5 that I am not quite sure what does. There is one on the controller board, which I suspect is a general "on/off"-switch for the entire system. Also, I found a switch on the laser-module itself (on the small PCB which is attached to it on top of the fan on the opposite end than where the beam is supposed to come out), any chance you can tell me what that one does ? The one near the power plug is the on/off for the machine, the other should remain off. The one on the laser module is a low power mode, probably not needed.
4) I see that there's a "Weak Focus Beam OFF" button under the tab called "Laser Tool Parameters" in BCL. Does that turn the laser on (with the power level indicated straight above it I assume ?) in order to align it with whatever you're planning to engrave, cut, burn ? Ralph can help you here.
5) Is there a nice "check-list" for the Eleksmaker A5 somewhere on this forum, for the "very first time you turn on your laser" ? I haven't seen one
6) I have found the trouble shoot page for BCL, and I believe I will be able to flash the right FW into my machine and connect it via USB etc. and get a response. Leave the machine OFF while you flash the firmware, it gets power from the USB so doesn't need to be on and that will prevent any unexpected laser pulses (although unlikely)