Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - ggallant571

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 76
1
Trouble Shooting / Re: Another x axis issue
« on: May 24, 2017, 09:09:11 PM »
It is clear that you are an "X Axis Abuser".  Surprised that the admin lets you host.

2
Engraving / Re: Engraving into colored acrylics
« on: May 24, 2017, 07:52:51 AM »
Can  you post details on purchasing the blank cubes?

3
Trouble Shooting / Re: new 15000mw 450 nm pak any info please
« on: May 21, 2017, 01:46:36 PM »
I just hooked up the 5.5W diode to a 3A bench supply with voltage/current meters. When the PWM exceeds 70% the 3A supply at 12V is maxed out. To me, that indicates it is supplying 36W. Assuming that 1A is going to the motors that leaves 2A or 24W for the diode. My guess is that the laser output is about 20% of the input. The remaining 80% is heat.

Perhaps there is a problem with the voltage/current regulator powering the diode but this is the same as I measured when I first got the unit last July.

4
Trouble Shooting / Re: new 15000mw 450 nm pak any info please
« on: May 21, 2017, 07:47:59 AM »
As measured on my 5.5W module: 6W delivered by the laser is more like 40W consumed by the laser power module.

5
General Discussion / Re: Grrr, weird smearing! (still, t2laser)
« on: May 21, 2017, 07:44:14 AM »
It looks like the laser is weakly powered. You can get that by PWM, supply voltage, or faulty power transistor.

6
General Discussion / Re: Grrr, weird smearing! (still, t2laser)
« on: May 20, 2017, 07:34:26 PM »
You might want to try the burn using card stock at much lower power. I find that the neon yellow and green react very nicely. If you could capture and post the gcode during the failure I would give it a try. Please just post the small failing segment!!

7
General Discussion / Re: Grrr, weird smearing! (still, t2laser)
« on: May 20, 2017, 08:48:48 AM »
I looked at IMG_7185.JPG using gimp on Linux and observed a few oddities relative to my etching experience. BTW - I am a novice with an entirely home-brew setup.

1. The resolution is 300x300dpi.
2. It is gray scale.
3. There are a lot of low intensity/density pixels.

Do you get the same result with slower X/Y travel?

Attached is a version with some of the "clutter" removed. It renders clean on my tools but is larger than my A5 work surface so I do not know what it etches like.



8
Trouble Shooting / Re: T2 letter interiors and double raster print
« on: May 19, 2017, 09:58:06 AM »
A friend with 3D printer (and expertise) printed tension adjustors for my A5 unit. Great upgrade.

9
General Discussion / Re: Grrr, weird smearing! (still, t2laser)
« on: May 19, 2017, 08:12:38 AM »
Can you post the original source, before and after scaling.  I have seen similar effects when working with 32-bit RGBA color where the Alpha get interpreted as Black. Assumed it was my strictly host etch utility.

10
General Discussion / Re: Gcode / design for testing on new material
« on: May 19, 2017, 07:57:48 AM »
There are lots people on this forum with different skills and interests.  Formalize your request with its expected benefits and see if there are users willing to contribute.

I have and entirely home brew setup and currently use a text file for notes. Often times I forget to update and a day later have forgotten the settings. Are we on a similar path?

11
You can get a second (or third) Nano and flash them.

12
RAMPS 1.4 / Re: T2 RAMPS compatible?
« on: May 14, 2017, 09:20:39 PM »
For motors with quadrature encoders I use FPGA or the PIC24 series of processors as they have hardware support built in.

For limit switches, I have 6 3-pin headers routed for individual limit switches on my controller. Just too easy for both wiring and software.

The Cypress PSOS documentation is quite daunting. It is almost like you have to join their religion to use their chips.
















13
Projects / Re: a little something, cake 'topper'
« on: May 14, 2017, 08:10:43 AM »
I thought you were etching an eatable object.

14
Projects / Re: Slate Baby!!!!!
« on: May 14, 2017, 08:08:03 AM »
Went to Hobby Lobby (my other addictive destination) and got some "Rub'nBuff" to use on slate. Good thing I used a scrap piece. What a mess!!!!! Also tried on ceramic tile with just a bad results. Perhaps I am not properly using the stuff.

15
Projects / Re: Horned Toad on the hunt
« on: May 14, 2017, 08:02:44 AM »
Are you the author of the artwork? How much work to make it laserable? How big is it?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 76