Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - ggallant571

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 200
76
General Discussion / Re: New wheels
« on: June 09, 2020, 09:11:14 AM »
Guess I missed it flying over my house.

77
General Discussion / Re: New wheels
« on: June 05, 2020, 09:52:35 PM »
Beware the reflection!! I use extruded iron grids. Have a friend who does nice welding and he joins 2 pieces which are then tack welded to 1/2 inch iron L stock. Raises the bed up a little more than 1/2 inch off the MDF wasteboard. Wasteboards still take a beating but it is just cosmetic burning. Going to try yous scheme to raise the work off the iron when cutting.

78
General Discussion / Re: New wheels
« on: June 05, 2020, 04:51:03 PM »
I sure like the holders. Are you using a flat metal sheet as a waste board?

79
T2 Engraving / Re: firmware for core-xy
« on: June 01, 2020, 04:08:36 PM »
The signals on the ISP header are the MOSI, MISO, SCK, PWR, GND, & RESET. All are available on the standard I/O headers. Makes it difficult to update while in fixture but perhaps makes it easier if you have a generic breadboard. 

80
General Discussion / Re: New wheels
« on: May 31, 2020, 08:01:48 PM »
I just got a G8. Yet to try. Have some balsa. Prob 3 years old now. How to tell if soft or hard.

81
General Discussion / Re: 3D printer
« on: May 31, 2020, 10:06:13 AM »
I come from a programming background and find the openscad tool comfortable. With it you define and combine shapes with a limited number of operators. It is open source and while being actively developed/supported there have been relatively few releases. To me that is encouraging.

With it I have modeled a couple of core-xy laser etcher. Exported svg/dfx files for the metal components and stl files for plastics.

Approximately 3% designers use this technique. I'm sure others will give opinions on the remaining 97%. In the end, you use a tool/methodology that fits your style and where you can best get help and examples.

82
General Discussion / Re: New wheels
« on: May 30, 2020, 10:31:15 AM »
Our system admin (Ralph) has an excellent tutorial on calibrating diode lasers for cutting. In it he details a method of setting up for cutting. He is also the author of BCL which I suspect supports different speed/power settings depending on whether you are cutting with or against the grain.

83
General Discussion / Re: New wheels
« on: May 30, 2020, 07:43:18 AM »
How about a picture or two???

84
Assembly Help / Re: Rebuild
« on: May 28, 2020, 04:21:49 PM »
Your L7 has one. Somewhere on this site I posted a schematic of my L7. There is not much to it.

85
Zax - you are getting pretty good at finding/fixing these DXF problems.

86
Assembly Help / Re: Rebuild
« on: May 27, 2020, 07:25:19 PM »
N/O would imply parallel wiring, one switch per axis. The port is set with an internal pull-up and held high until the switch trips. The switch closure shorts to GND.

87
Assembly Help / Re: Rebuild
« on: May 27, 2020, 04:36:55 PM »
You probably should check the source code. First to make sure limit switches are supported. Second to see which NO or NC is selected.

88
Assembly Help / Re: Rebuild
« on: May 27, 2020, 02:36:34 PM »
Careful - you will get a reputation as a real hacker!!

89
Assembly Help / Re: Rebuild
« on: May 27, 2020, 02:34:04 PM »
I build my own. If you like soldering I will mail a blank. The pcb shops run specials where you can get 5 boards for 5USD. Sometimes with free shipping. Have been looking into getting the fabrication also done. I started with a L7 and it was random. Bought an L2 which died in 2 minutes.

90
T2 Engraving / Re: T2 Language
« on: May 27, 2020, 01:19:33 PM »
I purchased a couple of ATmega boards with the onboard ESP8266. From Chine, zero documentation. Second option is to replace the AVR with an ESP32 and redesign the signal wiring interface board. We currently use plug-in modules for RTC and SD card so integrating them would save some assembly effort.

Which language is BCL written in?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 200