Author Topic: GBR files  (Read 24479 times)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: GBR files
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2016, 10:13:51 AM »
This is the original one with the origin way off to the right and negative values.

"Relocate Origin" fixes those issues automatically and everything looks good... except (isn't that always the case) the apertures are outside of the frame so I need to decode those to calculate the extents for my sizing.

I rotated the output in attached.

beikeland

« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2016, 10:16:26 AM »
And if you send me the g-code I can try to run an exposure if you like?

That looks right, but when I just shifted the origin in kicad it looked lit so:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:17:52 AM by beikeland »

Kunaphil

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2016, 11:29:11 AM »
beikeland,

Can you post or let me know your procedures and laser settings for your process?  I tried and obviously don't have my laser set up either mechanically or software properly as when the cut was complete, lots of the traces came out very jagged and wiggly.

thanks,
Phil
Just got my home switches installed!👍

beikeland

« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2016, 12:27:05 PM »
I think we'll be better suited to suggest improvements if you post a picture, preferable with some soft or scale indicator if the problems are very small. I machine is a bit wiggly still as some of the nylon wheels are not straight, but its hard to guess whats wrong without seeing the results.

Kunaphil

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2016, 12:41:50 PM »
I'll post a  picture when I get home tonight.  I do have a day job.... :'(   unfortunately..
Just got my home switches installed!👍

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2016, 01:20:03 PM »
I do have a day job.... :'(   unfortunately..

I'll second that! ugh... Well, it does pay for my hobbies lol

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2016, 01:28:09 PM »
All of the examples I've received are working correctly now, and relocate origin works too. It will automatically activate if any axis is negative to ensure the design stays in positive space. If it's shifted away from origin it will not be moved unless the relocate origin is selected.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2016, 01:29:11 PM »
if you send me the g-code I can try to run an exposure if you like?

Would you want it negative/inverted, how about rotation... actually, let me just get an update out and you can test it directly in T2Laser.

beikeland

« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2016, 02:01:56 PM »
If you want me to test you'll have to send me the g-code. No inverting, no rotation. F2500 S128.

If you also want to see it etched you should use this instead as I was planning on using smd headers but KiCad didn't have any footprints, so I just hacked it with thicker traces:))

Already built the board, but it had a couple of screw+ups of course, but it works to tune in currents for drivers without the actual laser connected :)

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2016, 02:10:58 PM »
I have smd headers like that, let me see if I can find the footprint for them.

beikeland

« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2016, 02:22:52 PM »
That would be great Agastar! Although the cheap Chinese ones were badly oxidized so I had to rub them on some sand paper and they're only solder on the bottom .. but hey, $2 for 200 pins and free shipping I won't complain too much :P

On a slightly related topic I just notice these boards were made of Bakelite, wonder if they would cut on the laser after they've been etched? Would be kinda cool if I could do both "drilling", slotting and outlining on the laser once Banggood stops screwing around asking for videos of me doing a one handed hand stand while adjusting the lens to show that it is not just out of focus. To quote Monty Python, "Its dead, thats whats wrong with it!!"

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2016, 02:41:24 PM »
No problem, in the meantime, this guy has a really nice collection of 3d models, libraries, and footprints.
http://smisioto.no-ip.org/elettronica/kicad/kicad-en.htm

beikeland

« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2016, 02:54:04 PM »
Cool, it had the smd pin strips at the bottom actually! Great stuff, think I need to fetch most of that :))

beikeland

« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2016, 05:21:40 PM »
Is a known fature that Grbl ignores S0 on G0 moves? Found out where all the tiny shorts came from. Only using G1 moves now, much better.

Did a SOP14 adapter that required a bit of Xacto work due to the G0 moves with laser on, but with that out of the way I think I should be able to do TQFP tomorrow - fingers crossed :))

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2016, 06:23:21 PM »
that should change in the future and G0 won't enable the laser.