Author Topic: GBR files  (Read 21411 times)

MegaBlackJoe

• View Profile
Re: GBR files
« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2020, 07:46:07 AM »
I am importing a gerber file at 0.1 resolution. I get these artifacts as shown on the screenshot. These should be circles and I can see random pixels added on top. Also some random pixels are added on traces. When I change the resolution to 0.05 the situation improves, but still some random pixels can be seen. 0.05 is a lot better but it also increases engraving time. I don't think such an accuracy is necessary, because most chinese lasers running a gbrl have a focal point that is larger than that. But still, if I don't adjust the resolution, artifacts will be transfered to the part. Is there anything that can be done here? It may not be just a GBR file issue, I have noticed the same when using images like bmp or png. Thank you.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2020, 07:55:22 AM »
Nottingham - I suspect it is the transparency laser. Try disabling it off before inverting.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2020, 09:50:20 AM »
Are you using the default Gerber import settings?

I just loaded your file and it looks smooth.

The vector format is converted to raster based on the resolution, but 0.1 should be acceptable.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 10:01:47 AM by Zax »

MegaBlackJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2020, 10:04:53 AM »
Yes, I am using default settings. I have such a result (as shown on your screenshot) only if I use the resolution of 0.05 but when I use 0.1 resolution it's similar to my previous screenshot. Still even with the resolution of 0.05 you can see some random pixels. I have marked them yellow.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2020, 02:18:13 PM »
I used 0.1 also but yes if I screen capture and magnify I do see what you are talking about. I removed the aperture and the path is clean so it must be the radius on the joints, whenever you convert a vector to raster there will be artifacts. They should not cause any issue as they will be less than 100 microns in size.

MegaBlackJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2020, 11:17:35 AM »
All right, thank you, it explains everything.