Author Topic: Benbox Software Manual  (Read 5568 times)

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Benbox Software Manual
« on: November 10, 2016, 03:34:40 AM »
Someone gave this to me and I thought it would be worth posting. This document covers all the buttons and settings for Benbox.

ROSS

• View Profile
Re: Benbox Software Manual
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 05:46:24 AM »
Good find that........stick it in the
Manuals and Documentation section.....
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:48:12 AM by ROSS »
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 07:42:08 AM »
Sounds good, I'll add it there too.

vernerl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 09:38:57 AM »
Hello friends!  ;)
I very much hope that here is the right place for this post.
Maybe somebody want to find some visual information about Benbox servo connection and how to control your laser intensity with PWM.
Here is my small video about it.

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 03:53:54 PM »
Pretty cool video. thanks for sharing!

Peter Fabricius

• I have a Eleks Maker 2500mW A5 laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 06:37:52 AM »
I bought my 2500mW A5 laser engraver over the Christmas and New Year season and have been struggling with the software ever since.  It is "difficult" and "not very functional".  So I came this web site to get help.  The Manual is next to useless, it does not explain any of the settings needed to make the laser work.
I really hope there will be an updated version on the Benbox software and a Manual that explains all the settings possible.
I cannot save a file developed on screen which should be a basic function so we can repeat a good composite image.
I have figured out that to get the laser to move at an appropriate speed in Line by Line and Z Scan you have to select "continuous" burn.  I thought this was counter intuitive but it works and now I can get burns that are not just destroying everything.  NB:  This is my best discovery, I have now seen this same recommendation from others and it should be provided to every new owner!
Updated software and a better Manual sure would be nice.  Peter F.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 06:54:23 AM »
I used Benbox when I first got my machine and have since switched to T2 Laser. I believe the updated version of Benbox is called EleksMakerCAD as talked about in this thread http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1524.0.html.

If that does not work for you, I would highly suggest you look at T2 Laser (T2L) or BenCutLaser (BCL). Both are found on this forum under the software section. I use T2L for engraving, but BCL is mainly for cutting. When I plan to cut material, I will be getting BCL. The customer support is excellent for both programs! Ralph (Administrator) developed BenCutLaser and Zax developed T2 Laser.

Another software I have heard about but have only tried for about 5 minutes is LaserWeb3. Some here love it. I have no opinion on it other than it is really slow on a Raspberry Pi 1 Model B  :P  If you are looking at cross platform, LaserWeb3 is your best bet as it is mainly web based. The look and feel in the first 5 minutes is very similar to Benbox without the inability to maximize the window.

Hope this helps.

PS - I found the Google Translate app to be very helpful with the manual, as mine came in Chinese.......
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297