Author Topic: Problem benbox please help  (Read 79 times)

Joanna_k

• View Profile
Problem benbox please help
« on: April 19, 2018, 01:40:58 AM »
Hello.I bought from aliexpress a laser engraver 50x65 3000mW blue laser.After installation i managed to connect it with benbox.It seems that it works but doesn't have result.I also tested with t2laser but had the same problem.Maybe i used wrong firmware or the parameters are wrong. Any help is highly requested.Thank you in advance. This is a video with the problem. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilkkkm42ba8dk0w/received_10160664920685221.mp4?dl=0

kibodwin

• View Profile
Re: Problem benbox please help
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 02:50:59 AM »
Hi Joanna,
I am by no means an expert but looking at your video it seems to me from the sound alone that you have a mechanical problem, it sounds like the belts are skipping. Are you able to move the laser around freely when it is powered off??(careful with moving the laser head around as it can generate power and fry the controller board, slow movements are best).
It also seems to me that you are not engraving correctly, as in your laser moves, engraves a bit then moves a bit more whereas I think the laser should move constantly. Other youtube videos will show you how it should be moving.
Did you do the pin change, on some boards there is a jumper pin you can change to allow compatibility with certain versions of GRLB (spelling!).
On a positive note at least your laser if firing!!
Hope you find the issue!
=)
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleksmaker L5, K40 with Cohesion3D mini board, air assist, laser pointer etc..
Software: T2Laser, laserweb4, Repitier, Cura
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560
Anycubic Kossel Delta ramps

Joanna_k

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 03:54:20 AM »
Kibodwin thank you so much for your reply.The laser moves ok while powered off and while using the t2laser program there was not such voice while moving.No i did not change any pin.Could you explain me how i can do this?I believe that maybe the problem is with the firmware as the laser does not move well also while pressing the programm buttons from up and down it seems like moving diagonally. I do not know if i am explaining this right.You think that the laser could not recognize the Grlb?Thanks again

kibodwin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 04:29:05 AM »
It depends I think on what board you have. I have an old eleksmaker L5 (I think) board and so under the arduino nano there are some pins you can change the position of.
There is a forum post about but I cant for the life of me find it. It refers to the pin change needed for specific versions of GRLB...
I did find this;
http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,76.msg727.html#msg727
which might help, there in this video they have the same board as I have.
I hope this helps
=)
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleksmaker L5, K40 with Cohesion3D mini board, air assist, laser pointer etc..
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560

kibodwin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 04:41:50 AM »
here is what I mean...
https://youtu.be/_ID-xiGW2K8?t=90
here you see the pin change needed for the grlb 0.9 (I think, unsure about the version no. this needs to be checked).
=)
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 05:12:27 AM »
If you decide to use T2Laser, try either my default Grbl 1.1e firmware or if you have the older board (no jumper) use the Non-PWM version in the custom menu and then enable the Laser D12 post processor.

I believe T2Laser is the only modern software that supports these old boards.

Joanna_k

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 08:05:39 AM »
Kibodwin thank you so much for the video.I understand what you are talking about but who i will figure out which firmware is the most suitable for me?

Zax i don't have problem to buy the t2laser but i had the same problem.While in trial version i will be able to use the firmware you recommended?Thank you so much.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 08:15:04 AM »
Yes, T2Laser trial includes all the firmware.

Joanna_k

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 11:58:00 AM »
Zax i read in another thread an administrator post that if i will use t2laser i will no be able then to use the benbox.Is it truth or i did not understand well?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 12:06:38 PM »
Benbox requires it's own firmware (a modified version of Grbl 0.8), so if you install a newer firmware it is true but you can always reinstall their hex and use Benbox again. T2Laser is perhaps the only other program that works with Benbox firmware but you lose a lot of functionality.

Grbl 1.1 has much smoother and faster motion due to better acceleration algorithms, it also supports dynamic laser power and real time overrides which are both very useful features.

Joanna_k

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 09:48:46 PM »
Thank you Zax.So if i use t2laser with grbl 1.1 everything must be ok?I have to change the pin to do that?Also could you tell me the numbers i have to put in the intensity and the other next to it.

kibodwin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 12:24:24 AM »
Changing firmware is quite easy once you find the correct place to upload it in either benbox or T2Laser.
I have the T2Laser and stick with it so I dont change the firmware any more.
Let us know how you get on
=)
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560

Joanna_k

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2018, 08:19:28 AM »
Kibodwin i hope to find out which is the correct firmware and hope it will works.Thank you so much.Of course i will let you know.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2018, 02:44:38 PM »
If your board has a jumper to change laser pin it should be in the 0.9 or D11 position but it probably doesn't, so you would first try my default Grbl 1.1e and if the laser is always on use the Non-PWM version in the custom menu and enable the Laser D12 post processor and it will work.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2018, 10:37:59 PM »
As Zax said, Id you have jumper, go to 0.9 and never look back. I tried lost of software and am not a T2 fanboy. Benbox will never be installed again.

That said, if you NEED the Benbox firmware, talk to me. Just be careful about installing it agin. Most current downloads have malware attached
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297