Author Topic: adjusting laser power?  (Read 1155 times)

Dex1994

• View Profile
Re: adjusting laser power?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 11:35:47 AM »
Total newbie here, looking to learn and contribute where I can.
It looks like there is some promising 3rd party applications featured here, and I certainly
plan to explore those as I move forward.

Just started working with A3 Pro 2500mW purchased from Gearbest. It came with the newer Amana SE controller board.
I  could not get the new EleksCAM software linked to by the seller to work.  It would not connect to the controller board.

Acquired a copy of Benbox  v3.7.99, and got it running with firmware "makeblock-328p-20150606.hex" that was found in the program folder
after install.

Had a real rocky start getting Benbox to work, but with a lot of searching through these forums,
along with a lot of trial and error, I now have some consistent, basic functionality..

Here is a link to the machine I have:

http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_597310.html?wid=21

I paid $50 less than the price now showing..
Right now I'm just experimenting with making some stencils out of card stock, and having some reasonable success.

Now, to the point and why my first post is in this thread.

The " Low light" and "Intensity " controls in the Benbox interface work for me.  I have been able to adjust the intensity so it cuts
through my card stock, but doesn't burn the plywood baseboard I'm using.

I'll do my best to answer any questions anyone  might have.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 03:28:08 PM by Dex1994 »

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 11:56:14 AM »
Welcome Dex1994, could you post a link to the machine you have?

Good to hear you have the machine working.

nottingham82

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2017, 02:21:19 PM »
benbox has a really dated feature set.  Elekscam is the new software but it sounds like you have already written that off (fyi I did the same when I started with benbox because it wouldnt even install).  T2 made by Zax is your best full feature software on the market.  His trial is super generous.  You can only run it for 30 minutes but you can reopen it as many times as you want.  You can also only generate 10000 lines of g code.  Which doesnt exactly equate to a certain size picture but definitely big enough to try it out before you buy.  Thats it.  Those are the only two limitations.  You will want to update the firmware first thing when you install T2.  The firmware and default parameters are embedded in the software so you dont need any other installers or downloads.  Just T2 and go. 
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

miku

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 03:48:26 PM »
Total newbie here, looking to learn and contribute where I can.
It looks like there is some promising 3rd party applications featured here, and I certainly
plan to explore those as I move forward.

Just started working with A3 Pro 2500mW purchased from Gearbest. It came with the newer Amana SE controller board.
I  could not get the new EleksCAM software linked to by the seller to work.  It would not connect to the controller board.

Acquired a copy of Benbox  v3.7.99, and got it running with firmware "makeblock-328p-20150606.hex" that was found in the program folder
after install.

Had a real rocky start getting Benbox to work, but with a lot of searching through these forums,
along with a lot of trial and error, I now have some consistent, basic functionality..

Here is a link to the machine I have:

http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_597310.html?wid=21

I paid $50 less than the price now showing..
Right now I'm just experimenting with making some stencils out of card stock, and having some reasonable success.

Now, to the point and why my first post is in this thread.

The " Low light" and "Intensity " controls in the Benbox interface work for me.  I have been able to adjust the intensity so it cuts
through my card stock, but doesn't burn the plywood baseboard I'm using.

I'll do my best to answer any questions anyone  might have.

Thanks for the tip ".... I have been able to adjust the intensity...." by using the "makeblock-328p-20150606.hex" instead of the other benbox.hex ROMs
I've been searching for a few days on how to change the intensity of the damn thing.
Cheers