Author Topic: Sketch feature  (Read 6290 times)

caperry88

• View Profile
Re: Sketch feature
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 03:33:15 AM »
As I said, text is a pain  :o 

Couldn't agree with you more, I have tried a couple but prefer building in Word then snipping it and opening as an image.

I really need to just go in and fiddle with it to see what I can and can't do.
Equipment:  Gearbest 2500mw A5 Mini Laser Engraving Machine  -  2500MW  SILVER 167912906 Air-cooling Weak Light Automatic Positioning DIY Kit
Software: T2Laser with J-Tech Photonics 0.9g Grbl

TBN

• View Profile
    • Traditional By Nature
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 02:34:44 PM »
When I start a new sketch and then select drawing size for Eleks Maker A5 the X (220) and Y (170) values are flipped. Is there any way to save the changes after I put in the correct values?

It's not a huge deal but it is a good way to crash your machine if you forget to change it.     
500mw A5 Mini Laser Engraving Machine from GearBest

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 02:56:13 PM »
Oops! I will have to correct it in the software, I used the specs from Banggood and also based on my A3 where X is larger.

Thanks for pointing that out, for now just use custom.

TBN

• View Profile
    • Traditional By Nature
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 03:16:03 PM »
Thanks Zax!

I know It's really hard to sort out the details on these machines. Even being fluent in Chinglish doesn't help when all the different sellers give different specs for the same machine!
500mw A5 Mini Laser Engraving Machine from GearBest

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 05:42:47 PM »
Zax, I have been using the sketch feature to place names on wooden boxes I make and have used the single line or the outline mode. I tried to use the solid fill today when I was lettering and it would not fill the center of the letters and only outlined the Arial and Arial black. How do I get the letters to fill in the letter, I thought I read that the solid in the setting would do it, but it did no work.

kn4ud

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 06:39:16 PM »
I find sketch very hand for checking out settings. All I have to do is draw a quick line or shape and play with settings until I get it right. I know that a more in depth sketch would involve a lot of work. If I need more in dept sketch work I just use Inkscape or Viacad. I am fine with it the way it is. That is just me.
Allen

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 07:45:10 PM »
Yes, the filled Sketch option will raster engrave the text rather than vector outline it.

dindunuffin

• Not even bright enough to participate in forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2016, 10:30:12 AM »
I use the sketch feature to cut out stencil phrases/words.  I think it works nicely now that I've figured out the parameter 'P' feature.  It is not as feature rich as it could be, but then again, it works.  There is only so much a one man programming "team" can do.