Author Topic: Acrylic plates  (Read 3729 times)

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Acrylic plates
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 06:29:08 PM »
I want to change the bottom axles to eccentrics or spring loaded tension arms. Following the PawPawPaw project to see how he addresses the issue.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

neilferrer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 06:34:19 PM »
Like I said, these are already replacing the acrylic in my machine.  Everything is .25" thick.  I plan on using these as a base to modify the machine a bit or possibly recreate it from "scratch".  I had a counterbore for the M6 screws...not sure how that comes out in a DXF.

Let me know if you have any questions, and be sure to share back any innovations.

beikeland

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 07:43:54 PM »
Did you notice if the X carrige side with the stepper wasn't symetrical on the top? The square hole and the two rollers looks to be off center when I just threw together a model

I'll keep adding parts, Fusion link if anyone wants the full model http://a360.co/2gE6shG

neilferrer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 08:00:36 PM »
Just measured...looks to be about 0.05mm off center.  My models were not meant to be replicas, though...just replacements that could be modified as I need.
I can't seem to figure out how to share a folder that I've created in Fusion 360...is that possible?

EDIT: Just downloaded your model...came in as 50% size.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:11:21 PM by neilferrer »

beikeland

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2016, 09:09:27 PM »
Yeah, I noticed I screwed up the scales - haven't done any measurements on the thing, just imported the scan, placed a hole and looked at the diamter thinkig it was a resonable number for the radius, and as such the dpi settings for the import must have been correct. Or not :D

Will fix tomorrow.

The only reason i spotted the asymmetry is I only drew one half and mirrored it to make sure I didn't screw up making it symmetrical. But it doesn't matter much

beikeland

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2016, 06:38:18 AM »
Sorted out the scaling and finished the models. The fusion link should contain the latest model now.

Exported the sketches as .dxf but forgot I cheated and added stuff like chamfering to the 3d version so thats missing. Also I haven't cut new parts to make sure these are 100%

beikeland

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2016, 07:45:58 AM »
Edit: come to think of it I won't cut these as is, but wait until I get the new wheels and adjust the holes as needed before cutting new plastics on my cnc.

Maybe I could do a slot on one end, tighten the wheels on that end down and use an eccentric space to adjust the tension on the other side? Or would that not be sturdy enough, suggestions?

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 10:48:43 PM »
I made a set with oval holes on the bottom so that it could be adjusted.

carolynsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 11:22:17 PM »
Why is one wheel offset with a cutback on the acrylic? 
The BangGood plates are like and it has puzzled me; surely a square arrangement would be far more sensible to minimise tilting play and there is nowhere for it to foul.

Mike
2.5W BangGood laser kit in use by my daughter for craft work.
3.5W BangGood with TTL board in use by me as a developemt tool only.
T2Laser and Benbox software.

toromand

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2017, 03:05:59 AM »
Anyone got gantry drawings for the bigger A3 machine?

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 10:45:43 AM »
These were meant to be direct replacements with a few minor improvements but I can certainly make them whatever shape :)

lunknowl

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2017, 07:14:36 PM »
hi i try to cut this gantry plate but the dxf seem to be smaller. the mount hole of nema17 is about 35mm but the nema 17 hole about 45mm.( the distance between 2 mount hole center to center) i can scale it up but i just want to make sure i need mesh up the dxf, thanks

laser_cutter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2017, 02:25:24 PM »
I experimented over the weekend and discovered I need to make plates custom to my rails.

The TYP (which I assume means typical) standard for 20x40 is well 20mm by 40mm, rails are larger but count as 20x40.  Mine are 22mm x 43mm - measured with a caliper. Making new plates based on the assumption of measurements causes the same problems with the original plates.

In making new played I have to adjust for the larger size.