Please help me to help you!
Rather than emailing me and saying "BCL doesn't work" and letting me guess at what the problem is, please provide me with the information below. While some of it may seem obvious to YOU, it isn't obvious to ME when I am working with multiple users. Things can get mixed up in my mind.
1. BCL version. I must know what version you are on...hopefully, it's the latest version.
2. Tell me exactly what is wrong so I can try to reproduce it. The key word here is reproduce
it. I don't have much of a chance to fix something that is working on my system. So I need to be able to reproduce the problem you are having.
It's like going to the doctor and saying "I don't feel good can you give me a pill"? That won't work and saying to me "BCL doesn't work can you fix it" won't work either. I need details please.
3. What is your OS? Win7? Win10?
4. What drive did you install BCL on? C? D? E?
5. If you are using a .csv language file other than en-US I NEED TO KNOW that please! Don't assume just because you are working with nl-NL that I know that...I don't unless you tell me.
6. Not all popup dialog windows are errors. Many are informational or just warnings. Many users email me to report an Error Dialog window they get when they load a .dxf file: 'Some parts of the drawing are in the negative drawing space'. This is a warning that you might want to use your CAD program and move your drawing up and/or to the right, to get it back into positive drawing space. This is not an error window.
7. Please check for the Welcome Message
when you connect BCL to your laser machine. I will say this for the 100th time: if you don't see the welcome message you cannot do anything else with BCL
...so don't try...without a welcome message, any further errors you report are meaningless...no welcome message means BCL does NOT have a valid connection to the laser machine so all you can do is disconnect and try again until you do get a welcome message. Most of the time, you forgot to select the correct port your laser machine is connected to.
The Welcome Message
is the last line of the connection string: Grbl 0.9i ['$' for help]
BenCutLaser (c) 2016 All Rights Reserved
Developed by Ralph Freshour and Paul Hentysupport@BenCutLaser.us
Connected to COM3 @ 115200 baudGrbl 0.9i ['$' for help]Attached is a Technical Support form file to help you organize your thoughts and information for me.