Author Topic: No memory  (Read 180 times)

dreamaker

• View Profile
No memory
« on: December 08, 2016, 05:32:06 AM »
In the process of setting up a image to trace, sometimes I untrace the image then retrace, I will sometimes get an error massage stating I am out of memory. (I have a i5 and it has 8gb of ram using WIN 10) It doesn't do it all the time, but the only thing I can do to correct it so far, is shut down the T2 and restart and start over. Any suggestions?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: No memory
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 05:42:56 AM »
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by untrace and retrace, but if the image is very large the error is probably related to system resources and not really memory. Programs like anti-virus and other utilities in the background can affect those.

Check the size of your image (pixels), and resize BEFORE loading to T2Laser. As even if you resize in T2Laser it is still keeping the original image, and a few copies for different manipulation purposes. In total I keep 3 to 5 copies depending on what tasks you've applied, this is to ensure optimal conversion to G-code (so I have more pixels to anti-alias etc).

If you are engraving at 0.1 resolution and the image is going to be 100mm you only need 1000 pixels.

dreamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 05:06:25 AM »
Sorry!! Let say the object is traced and I don't like it, I click on the manual trace button and it clears my trace. I then click the trace button or go to the pull down and select auto trace.  Far as resolution, I have been working in 0.05!

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 05:34:09 AM »
What is the size in pixels of your image?

Press "i" and see the overlay information.

The attached I would consider a ridiculously large image, it's 5110 by 3794 pixels (74MB) and being engraved at 0.2 gives it a size of over 1000mm (1 meter) by 760 mm which is bigger than most lasers but it traced and generated g-code just fine.

Just for fun I also tested it without tracing, so that's a massive engraved image. It generated the g-code and reports it will take 3173 minutes and 57 seconds, that's 53 hours!

After manually tracing some portions and untracing (not really a feature designed but I see what you are doing now) I then attempted to resize the image and got an out of memory error. I'm not really surprised by this due to the file size.