Author Topic: Updates  (Read 61614 times)

Sir-James

• View Profile
Re: Updates
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 10:23:26 AM »
Hi Zax,
I tried the 1.2d Version,but i still get a error message with filled Text or objects like i posted in #4
Now the Failure says:

Please Report Firmware interrupt error
Parameter is not valid.

The Problem is only with filled objects and text with a kind of Resolution i found out.
Without there is no failure.

And one more question.
When i write a text and press P i can Change the start Position(X,Y) and the Rotation (Angle), but i cant Change the Dimension.
Is thist right or a failure?

Greetings
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 11:02:28 AM by Sir-James »
Hi ive got a A3 5500mW laser from Banggood

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 12:20:01 PM »
I am still unable to replicate this error, I'm sure if I could it would be an easy fix  - what is the font / resolution combination that causes it?

I will fix the text edit, so you can change the font and size etc.

- Zax

caperry88

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 05:51:23 PM »
Zax, where do you want errors, or quirks posted about the different version?

Do we need to start a new topic for each release?

I ask because i downloaded the 1.2d and had an issue, not sure if it was meant to be or not, but I selected the pulse width, and went used my arrow key to select a different number (right or left) and the laser moved, not an issue with me, but just saw that it occurred and I know you have it set so the direction arrows can control the arrow, just didn't know it would do it at all times.
Equipment:  Gearbest 2500mw A5 Mini Laser Engraving Machine  -  2500MW  SILVER 167912906 Air-cooling Weak Light Automatic Positioning DIY Kit
Software: T2Laser with J-Tech Photonics 0.9g Grbl

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 06:33:33 PM »
I guess posting under the update thread makes the most sense.

That's a good point, I hadn't considered trying to use the cursors in those numeric selectors. It will be easy to fix, so if the focus is in one of those the jog will be disabled.

- Zax

Sir-James

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 09:55:18 PM »
I am not at home the next days. I will tell you when i am back and can try.
Greetings
Hi ive got a A3 5500mW laser from Banggood

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 05:22:01 AM »
Reported issues/bugs have been fixed in the release candidate.

- Zax

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 01:30:55 PM »
Zax

I have not had a lot of time to work with the new releases and when I tried the prototype it seemed to lockup and stop. I then went back to V1.2d and it seemed to run until I tried the multi pass function. The 1st pass went well, but when the laser went back to start the 2nd pass it drew a diagonal line from the top of the 1st letter to the bottom of the last letter in the string. I should mention I have used sketch and am engraving names on round stock. I found if I use lower power and make 2 passes I get a good image thru the finish I have on the rounds. I won't be able to run the laser for the next week, but will be watching for an answer while I travel. I tried the solid fill and after 20 min. with the same setting and only 10% of the name engrave I gave up. With the 2.5w laser I am using it takes about 1.3 min. to complete a name in 7 or 8 point font. I expected the solid to take longer, but not that slow.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 01:48:09 PM »
I will add an M03 S0 before repeating the next pass , currently I send an M05 (laser disable) which should be sufficient.

Engraving is slower, but you probably had a very high resolution. Lowering it will yield faster results and may not look any different.

- Zax

eodguy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2016, 03:05:13 PM »
Will thsi newer version work on XP?

Official Strategy:
  • Software Development
  • Beta Testing (internal)
  • Release Candidate (external review)
  • Full Release (published)
I have completed beta testing of the latest version v1.2e and am publishing it here as a release candidate.

New or inexperienced users (or those not wanting to evaluate a new version with possible bugs) should use the latest stable release (currently 1.1j). Full Release Downloads: http://benboxlaser.us/index.php?topic=41.msg272#msg272

What's New?
  • G-Code sending completely re-written, improvec performance (auto detects and adjusts for multiple firmware)
  • Added Grbl parameter options for X/Y axis reversing (Ctrl-Click jog arrows)
  • Multi-pass Vector
  • Filled Sketch (raster engraving)
  • Added Z-Axis Controls (CNC Mode)
- Zax

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2016, 03:18:59 PM »
No, unfortunately the international language support part of Microsoft .Net is only available for Frameworks 4.5 and they don't support that on XP.

It takes some additional work for me to compile a custom version using Frameworks 4.0 as I have to remove sections of code that aren't supported but I do plan to do that for major releases.

- Zax

TBN

• View Profile
    • Traditional By Nature
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2016, 06:18:04 AM »
I think I've spotted a bug in v1.2e. When I select overlay info it displays the overall machine work area dimensions but not the sketch dimensions.
500mw A5 Mini Laser Engraving Machine from GearBest

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2016, 06:51:40 AM »
That is correct, the Sketch dimension is the page size. When you visualize the G-Code later it will scan and show the extents.

- Zax

TBN

• View Profile
    • Traditional By Nature
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2016, 04:39:29 PM »
Hey Zax. I tried using the Multi-Pass (Vector) for the first time today. I was trying to cut my daughters name out of some cardstock, but it kept cutting diagonal line through the entire part. Was it something I did wrong?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2016, 05:34:05 PM »
I am sending a laser power 0 and laser disable (off) before returning to the start, but I agree there seems to be a problem.

- Zax

TBN

• View Profile
    • Traditional By Nature
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2016, 05:58:55 PM »
I haven't had time the read through the whole program, but at a glance everything looked good. The issue is the laser stays on during the rapid back to the start point to begin the next pass. 

Since I was in a hurry I tried adding the letters to the sketch one at a time and that seemed to fix it.