Author Topic: Updates  (Read 23829 times)

nottingham82

• View Profile
Re: Updates
« Reply #390 on: December 18, 2016, 11:10:04 AM »
Uhh ok so im trying to rotate some text in t2 sketch.  i thought i remember you just select the text and push the arrow key.  Am i doing it wrong or i that not functioning right? also once the sketch is complete, rotate cw and ccw doesnt work.

edit: also the fill is not staying inside the letters see the picture
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 11:38:05 AM by nottingham82 »
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #391 on: December 18, 2016, 11:47:54 AM »
When text is selected the L and R keys rotate, or you can use the parametric screen if you want something other than 90 degrees.

That's a really weird result, what font are you using?

Most fonts are made for printing and some have issues, like not closed shapes or additional nodes which can cause issues engraving. Does it look like that on the simulation "view" screen also?

nottingham82

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 18, 2016, 11:51:56 AM »
no the simulation looked fine it was weird.  Yeah the left and right keys didnt work at all.  what key gets you parametric screeen?  Ill try to figure out what font it was.  i wasnt really paying attention.  it was really a paint test so i just needed something etched fast.  I do most of my stuff in inkscape so i dont do much in the sketch program.

edit: i think it was impact for the font.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 11:58:34 AM by nottingham82 »
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #393 on: December 18, 2016, 02:37:59 PM »
For rotation it's not the arrows, it's the actual L and R keys.

P opens the parametric screen, but you could have guess that  ;D

It does look like "Impact" and that font works well, I can't explain what happened there since Sketch (Filled) essentially treats it as an image and uses the same G-code generation code, the code is very robust and I've never seen anything like that before. I quickly tested with Sketch Overlay enabled and it didn't do anything strange. Let me know if you can replicate it, I would be interested to know the steps and try to get the same result.

nottingham82

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 18, 2016, 02:46:22 PM »
ok ill try it again this afternoon... you are killing me. Every time i think i have everything i need memorized i forget it all.  I must be getting old.  so yes l and r work just fine.  And the secret p menu also works just fine.  Operator error.  T2 is perfect as usual.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 02:47:15 PM by nottingham82 »

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #395 on: December 18, 2016, 03:36:59 PM »
I forget half the time too, and I try to make the shortcuts as intuitive as possible. That's why there's one shortcut you shouldn't forget, Shift-F1.

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 18, 2016, 11:44:15 PM »
Hi Guys I am new to this  forum.  but have been reading it for some time .  and posted once.  but I have a question just not sure where to ask it.  I have posted to Zax once before.  I built a cnc plotter and now turned it into a laser and used the elek maker board to run it  I am playing with t2 laser and have gotten it to work and like it. and I am going to licence ta soon when I get it runnig steady still calibrating the machine  for proper Dimensions.   one question  I have is on J Tech grbl, I want to put homing and limit switches on it  and the z axis always homes first, the eleks board I have only has 2 axis x & y so if I set up homing is the machine going to home or wait till the z axis homes first when there is not one.  I hope I am explaining this right.  When I look at the setting in grbl I see three axis.   
I just like the idea to send the machine to a home position.   

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #397 on: December 19, 2016, 04:45:54 AM »
Hi Marcel, the first thing you need to do is upgrade Grbl to a newer version.

In the later versions of T2Laser you will find either 1.1c or 1.1e which were compiled with my settings. You can modify the steps/mm to your machine and enable/disable laser mode via $32 if needed.

It has homing for X and Y axis enabled on D9, but not Z so if you want to home Z you would need to compile your own firmware. You set the order of homing and the pin assignments in the Grbl code and then compile the hex.

I home X, then Y and ignore Z since most machines don't have one. If you separate the home/limit pins then you can home both axis simultaneously but that's more wiring so single pin works fine for me and I think as a group here we decided it was the way to go for simplicity.

Oh, and yes. Homing is great! It should be included with these machines.

(on my CO2 which does have a Z-axis for focusing I do not have any home switch, it's just manual up/down which is why I added Z-axis controls in T2Laser but have not implemented actual homing - the home button just returns to a home point)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #398 on: December 19, 2016, 06:27:11 AM »
v1.3s "Seychelles" has been released (check the first post or the updates link in my signature below).

added support for D12 laser control using Grbl 1.1e NoPWM firmware
fixed skip blank lines when laser min > 0
display Grbl parameters now shows names and default values
added reset of $ parameters and stored coordinates
a few minor bug fixes and other improvements

I expect this version to become the official release, so please test it and provided feedback before it goes "live".

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 19, 2016, 10:42:47 AM »
Thanks Zax
So I will switch to 1.1 it does have pwm I hope right .

and are you saying I hook both limit switchs to pin 9  or do you use 9 and 10  that is what I had my plotter set like with grbl

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #400 on: December 19, 2016, 10:51:30 AM »
Yes, the standard 1.1c and 1.1e have PWM.

If you want to use the firmware in T2Laser then yes you would connect both X and Y limit switches in parallel to D9 (not pin 9). You could also compile your own hex setup how your current home switches are wired, which may be what you prefer.

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 19, 2016, 11:29:46 AM »
Ok I have  one that says 1.1e noPWM that I got with the download

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #402 on: December 19, 2016, 11:44:29 AM »
Well if you want PWM, don't use that one  ;D

In v1.3s I have moved all non-standard firmware to a sub folder to make it obvious which selection is the default. The help file also has descriptions, that one is for boards that don't work with D11 PWM pin and need to use D12 instead.

toromand

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 19, 2016, 10:28:06 PM »
There was a critical update to 1.1e, but I guess you noticed already. Exactly why I  mentioned you might have separate download link for the "latest hex for the latest T2 version" or something :)

silvandre

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 20, 2016, 04:29:37 AM »
Hi Zax! where can i find the latest .hex? I am new at this stuff and i am learning as i go!