Author Topic: Updates  (Read 65227 times)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Updates
« Reply #705 on: June 26, 2017, 03:28:03 PM »
Do you get an error when going to the Laser Control screen or only when generating G-code?

Please give me more details on what you were trying to do when the error occurred, and what OS etc.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #706 on: July 23, 2017, 03:02:25 PM »
I have released v1.4r.

It includes the following changes:

correction factor for arc text size (so it's closer to non arc text)
added half sizes for small text (1 to 10 mm in 0.5 increments)
option to not fill open DXF shapes (disables combine)
simple streaming protocol
add an image border (several options and can be used multiple times for some interesting borders)
smoothie mode (0-1 for laser power)
support DXF points (for CNC drilling)

You will get the update automatically over the next few weeks depending when you last updated, or if you want it immediately contact me for the beta password.

Stonemull

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 23, 2017, 07:24:11 PM »
Nice one !

I haven't fired up the laser in a few weeks, the shame..

A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Hacked Roland DXY-880

wild.bill

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 23, 2017, 07:42:45 PM »
Only thing I noticed is I lost my custom buttons. Is there a way to back them up?
Hey Laser Lips, Your mother was a snowblower

Laser: was an A3 2.0w TTL L6 Z axis now 2'x3'
          K40
3D Printer: Folgers 2020 Pursa i3
                 Folger FT5
                 custom built Pursa i3

Boston Ma, USA

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 23, 2017, 08:24:26 PM »
Nice one !

I haven't fired up the laser in a few weeks, the shame..

What is wrong with you?  ;D
Leave your cnc mill alone
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #710 on: July 24, 2017, 04:34:22 AM »
Only thing I noticed is I lost my custom buttons. Is there a way to back them up?

:-[

There must be a glitch in clickonce as the profiles, custom buttons and other files are set to only copy if newer. Since I didn't update them, your copy should have been newer and not overwritten by the update. I will have to make a way to save them so this doesn't happen, you can manually copy the file from the install folder so you have a backup. They're just plain text files.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #711 on: August 10, 2017, 01:21:44 PM »
A typo was discovered in the Italian language file for v1.4r but it caused an index error on startup so I have published an update, it also includes some minor bug fixes.

The latest version is v1.4s.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #712 on: October 13, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »
I haven't updated this thread in a while, so it's time for a progress report. I am just finishing up testing on 1.4y which will be released next week.

(sorry, I really need to keep track of who suggests)

Someone asked for an over-travel feature, where the laser or CNC will continue slightly past the end point when the start and end point are the same. This helps prevent hanging chads  ::) or incomplete cuts. It sounded like a useful feature, and you can never have enough of those.

I have also improved the simulation view to make it more realistic (smoother) and if you enable the "hidden" off moves it will do those at the correct speed instead of just jumping immediately to the next shape.

As always, I appreciate feedback and suggestions.

creaky

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 13, 2017, 11:48:50 AM »
I haven't updated this thread in a while, so it's time for a progress report. I am just finishing up testing on 1.4y which will be released next week.

(sorry, I really need to keep track of who suggests)

Someone asked for an over-travel feature, where the laser or CNC will continue slightly past the end point when the start and end point are the same. This helps prevent hanging chads  ::) or incomplete cuts. It sounded like a useful feature, and you can never have enough of those.

I have also improved the simulation view to make it more realistic (smoother) and if you enable the "hidden" off moves it will do those at the correct speed instead of just jumping immediately to the next shape.

As always, I appreciate feedback and suggestions.
Hi Zax, my version shows v1.4u have I missed v and w ? does the prog update automatically as signified on the update tab? or do I need a key?
Really enjoying the app though, now I have got used to it, I keep finding other things to make life easier. Keep up the good work.
“You don’t stop having fun when you get old, you get old when you stop having fun”

Gloucestershire. U.K.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #714 on: October 13, 2017, 01:14:56 PM »
It should auto-update if you are online, version 1.4w is released (not beta) so no code required.

Landbo

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 13, 2017, 02:08:37 PM »
Hi Zax.

Have a little modest wish for your outstanding program. I need to be able to convert a picture of a line drawing to vectors for printing. Not just the outline or the middle of the line like now but that you follow all the black in the file until it's made to printable vectors. My reason is that it will be much faster to print as vector with small amounts of black in the file then you let the laser drive across the entire writing area as today. Hope you understand the meaning.

Regards Leif.
Only a new "Wood Smoker"  /;-)

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 13, 2017, 02:22:23 PM »
Hi Zax.

Have a little modest wish for your outstanding program. I need to be able to convert a picture of a line drawing to vectors for printing. Not just the outline or the middle of the line like now but that you follow all the black in the file until it's made to printable vectors. My reason is that it will be much faster to print as vector with small amounts of black in the file then you let the laser drive across the entire writing area as today. Hope you understand the meaning.

Regards Leif.

If I am reading correctly you can. Do an autotrace with the Mode ~~> Sketch (Hatch) selected.
You can select the line distance for your hatch fill in Settings~~>Advanced Settings~~>Hatch Options~~>Custom Spacing
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

Landbo

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 13, 2017, 02:32:43 PM »
Thanks for info, will try that opportunity.

Regards Leif.

Landbo

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 13, 2017, 03:23:00 PM »
If I am reading correctly you can. Do an autotrace with the Mode ~~> Sketch (Hatch) selected.
You can select the line distance for your hatch fill in Settings~~>Advanced Settings~~>Hatch Options~~>Custom Spacing

No sorry, that's not what I mean. This will give the usual waste of driving time when the laser is going to pass over the entire area where it is turned off most of the time. That's not what I'm looking for.

I want all the black bites in plain striped image to fill in the width of the line and not just as an outline. Can I call it outline with fill ? Subsequently, it must be printed in the same way as if you have made an Auto Trace. In Danish and translated, we call it to print vector graphics with a plotter. Hope it says something now.

Regards Leif.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 13, 2017, 06:18:29 PM »
Here is sketch (fill) and sketch (hatch)

The full makes it a faster image

The hatch fill does a vector cut. If you set it to 0.2, it should fill everything