Author Topic: Laser will not burn  (Read 1198 times)

origspot2005

• View Profile
Laser will not burn
« on: November 23, 2016, 08:09:14 AM »
Greetings:

downloaded software, flashed nano, everything looks good but not getting a burn from laser, power set to max, tried it on dithered, gray scale, velocity, no joy, other engraver working fine on same software.  What are the chances my laser is burned out? it flashes, goes on and off, etc, but refuses to mark my wood. Laser power set at max 255 now and still not a mark, have focused laser as tight as I can get it. any help would be appreciated.  Mahalo, Spot
P.S. I used this laser with the benbox software initally and it worked fine.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Laser will not burn
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 10:56:46 AM »
It comes on (you can see the light  8)) but it doesn't seem to have enough power?

That does sound like the diode is cooked, but could be the MOSFET too so connect the laser to the 12V and see if that's any different. It will obviously be ON so be careful!

origspot2005

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 12:10:42 PM »
Got it fixed!!!! figured out my keen eye was not so keen when adjusting the laser, rented an owl and he helped me tune it in, I am happy to report I am up and running on both engravers with T2 software churning out 15 a day, gonna make the deadline!!!! Thanks for all the help will post a pic of the final product, already cut my hand on a sharks tooth, gonna be a good day!!!!

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 12:28:39 PM »
Wow, very cool! Keep up the good work.