Author Topic: New issue  (Read 1070 times)

Casperslim

• View Profile
New issue
« on: November 24, 2016, 04:56:10 AM »
Hi so I have upgraded to 1.1 and ran a test of my logo which is about 28mm round. Ran fine and was really clear on plywood yet when I switched to some hard wood it was really blurred and crap. Is it the thickness difference as I went from 3mm to about 20mm or just the difference in wood? Not sure if I need to re focus the laser every time I adjust the thickness of wood or wether trying on diagonal will fix the issue.
Any guidance on this much appreciated please

ROSS

• View Profile
Re: New issue
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 05:40:37 AM »
Focus on the surface of the wood until its as pin sharp as you can get it whether its 2mm thick wood or 5mm thick wood.  One focus DOES NOT DO  FOR ALL  However, different woods can give different type burn.  There are posts on here about wood burning/grain etc.,
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 07:19:00 AM »
Yes. The depth of focus for these lasers is fairly small, if you change more than 1 mm it needs to be focused or you will burn. As Ross mentioned, different materials also need different settings so you need to practice and find the right parameters.

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 12:04:57 PM »
Users of the old film cameras know about focussing a lens...These digital cameras..well...they don't teach people focussing!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 12:06:44 PM by ROSS »
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT