Author Topic: Strange Behavior in T2 Laser  (Read 1810 times)

jlauzon

• View Profile
Strange Behavior in T2 Laser
« on: April 23, 2016, 06:12:21 PM »
T2 has been working very well, until I tried to do a dithered engraving on a pine board today.

The output is defined at about 130mm x 170mm.

I first started engraving in a really narrow area, pausing for a second or two on the left and right edges of the X axis. Then it started to engraving in a wider area, with less burning at the edges (i.e. it stopped pausing at the ends).

I've attach a pic of the output after it started to go wider. I've also attached the generate gcode. You can see the first part of the job where it was pausing by the upper left burned areas.

Any idea why this may have happen? I uploaded the packaged default GRBL settings into the machine just before setting up the image and generating Gcode.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Strange Behavior in T2 Laser
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 05:02:45 AM »
I haven't done a great deal of work with dithered images, as they don't look as good as grey-scale but what I have done seemed to come out OK. I would suggest adjusting the contrast to prevent so much noise as that generates a lot of very small movements that may be causing a problem.

Did you have "skip blank lines" enabled? I see some gaps in the g-code at a couple of locations - I can't tell if this is where the problems started or is unrelated.

Give it a try using the latest version (1.2a) I posted yesterday.

- Zax

jlauzon

• View Profile
Re: Strange Behavior in T2 Laser
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 02:05:18 PM »
Wow, looks way better. I'll give the new version a shot and check the GRBL settings visually.