Author Topic: How do I cancel printing.  (Read 4255 times)

dindunuffin

• Not even bright enough to participate in forum.
    • View Profile
How do I cancel printing.
« on: December 04, 2016, 09:33:10 AM »
I've got an Anet A8 which is based on the Prusa I3 design.  I don't know it the firmware is the same, but I can't find a way to cancel the print if something goes awry.   Does anyone else know?  In the meantime, I'll keep Googling.

wild.bill

• Hey Laser Lips, Your mother was a snowblower
    • View Profile
Re: How do I cancel printing.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 09:43:30 AM »
If you are driving it from a computer the software program you are using should have a stop button, and if driving from an SD card I just reset the processor.

Laser: was an A3 2.0w TTL L6 Z axis now 2'x3'
          OpenBuilds ACRO 510 w/ 2.0W TTL laser Cohesion Mini Z axis Homing switches
          K40 Cohesion Mini 60W LightObject LPS
          80W Red-Black 500x700

cool is simply a subjective state of mind

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 10:10:35 AM »
On mine there's are options under the SD card when running to pause or stop.

wild.bill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 11:30:43 AM »
My view is that when you want to stop a print its because something has gone wrong, often with plastic sticking to things like the nozzle. In those cases I want to stop things as quickly as possible. I have a reset switch right under the LCD dial. I could stop it using the software but if the piece is not going to be saved I would rather limit the mess.

I had to do it three times today printing cable chains for my laser rebuild. A part comes loose and I kill the print, clean the mess, add some more hair spray and restart. I have 2 printers cranking them out while I watch the football games.
          80W Red-Black 500x700

dindunuffin

• Not even bright enough to participate in forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 01:34:25 PM »
I had been using the reset switch too, but I was curious about a possible pause/stop.  I found what Zac was referring to in the instructions which I later found on a pdf.  I agree when things go wrong, reset is probably the fastest option, but at least I now know how to do it should I want to pause for some reason. Thanks.

wild.bill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 03:31:33 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I have used the pause before when I was running out of filament. I paused the print, and put new filament in and continued the print. That was a time that I could save the print.

It's one of those day - I just had a thermister fail in the middle of a print. Hour and a half later I have the hot end back together and working.

I really want to finish building the chain links because the rebuild is putting the CNC/Shield and a TTL laser in and I only want to take things apart once.
          80W Red-Black 500x700