Author Topic: Cannot install t2 software.  (Read 6263 times)

n1te

• View Profile
Cannot install t2 software.
« on: April 26, 2016, 09:18:25 AM »
Hello,
at begin i've installed T2 version 11e and then read that the stable version is 11j so I wanted to update.

I am having some problems to update the software:

If i  try to install 11j  over 11e the software say that T2 is already installed in another location.

So I unistalled T2 11e cleaned the folder  C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\XXXX restarted the computer and tried to do a clean 11j install but without success:

When the installation is at 100% it doesn't close and don't finish the installation.

When the install of 11j was stuck I force closed "ClickOnce" process and installation windows closed but by clicking T2laser icon it doesn't load or do anything (i can see new process on taks manager)

Do i have to clean the registry or something?  is there any other folder I have to manually clean?

The only version I am able to install is 11e and this only after deleting all T2 traces, cleaning folders, restart etc.

ps: i also tried the 12b same problem install won't finish stuck at 100%.
sometimes i get a message that the application cannot run or installed and to contact the developer.

Running windows 7 64bit.

Sorry for the mess.

n1te

n1te

• View Profile
Re: Cannot install t2 software.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 09:30:18 AM »
Now i unistalled 11e, cleaned folders, restarted the computer.
When I install 11j it get stuck at installation, see screenshot.

thanks

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 09:58:59 AM »
If needed just use control panel to uninstall T2Laser (select remove from this computer) and then install the latest version (run setup.exe).

The installation (deployment) is done by Microsoft ClickOnce which handles registration and downloads necessary files from their server, so you must have an internet connection open for it to function or you can manually download and install .net framework (v4.5).

- Zax

n1te

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 10:08:35 AM »
Hello Zax, thanks for your help.

i've have unistalled T2 from the control panel too but when i try to reinstall it get stuck at 100%.
Now that you said it need the framwork i checked and i have framework 4.5 installed.

Do you have any other advice ?

thank you

n1te

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 11:04:35 AM »
So I unistalled T2 > unistalled the framework > cleaned computer > reboot > install ms framework 4.5 again >  launched setup.exe (11J)

:( it's stuck at 100% and i have 3 t2laser.exe running (task manager)

ty

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 12:22:36 PM »
Try 1.2c, I changed some install settings: http://benboxlaser.us/index.php?topic=113.msg1263#msg1263

It may still need an internet connection since Microsoft likes to automatically download any prerequisites - but if you have .net installed it shouldn't need any.

- Zax

n1te

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 01:03:04 PM »
Thanks ZAX, it seems that 12c does not even open here.
if you want to see what's going on i'll give you teamview access.

The only version i am able to install is 11e.

thanks

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 02:56:39 PM »
I see nothing significantly different between 1.1e and 1.2c unless you are using the custom version "T2LaserInstaller_11e_wm.zip"?

Have you tried running setup.exe as administrator?

- Zax

n1te

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 09:19:31 PM »
Hello!
I finally managed to install T2laser 12c but the only way to install it was to set compatibility mode to windows xp sp2.

now i try to use it.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 05:37:52 AM »
I'm pleased to hear you got it installed again, but something doesn't make sense as T2Laser isn't even compatible with XP SP2 since it doesn't support .net frameworks 4.5.

I did some reading about the Microsoft installer (ClickOnce) and it sounds like a security issue with your system, it had already installed T2Laser (which is really just copying a single .exe) but was likely trying to download or install the prerequisites for .net and didn't have sufficient access.

T2Laser is very simple, you can run it with just the .exe (although the firmware flash won't work without the extra files) if you have .net 4.5 installed.

- Zax

n1te

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 08:25:21 AM »
Hello Zax, as you said is probably my computer having some problems.. because now i cannot run it again.

From what I understand I could install 11e and then just replace the old t2laser.exe with new versio, right?

i do have framework installed.

ty

n1te

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 08:38:03 AM »
Hello thanks for the imput i'm investigating to understand why clickOnce can't works correctly.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:44:42 AM by n1te »

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 08:57:02 AM »
I have not tried that, but it should work.

- Zax

n1te

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 09:23:14 AM »
I tried to install T2 on another computer and everything is okay, it's this computer having some problems.