Author Topic: Scorched edges on X-axis  (Read 146 times)

Betcmrekoapl

• View Profile
Scorched edges on X-axis
« on: December 19, 2016, 03:10:42 PM »
I keep getting badly scorched edges where each line ends and the new begins on the x axis. It doesnt seem to matter what settings i use. Notice how the left and right sides of the picture are not only much darker, but they are actually much deeper burns as well. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Edit: pictures won't attach because they exceed max file size....

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Scorched edges on X-axis
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 03:13:44 PM »
What software and firmware are you using?

It sounds like your acceleration values are too low. Grbl 1.1e has a dynamic laser mode that is designed for this issue, I haven't needed it with T2Laser but it's an option.

Betcmrekoapl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 03:18:04 PM »
im on t2laser, i updated the firmware when i purchased the software but i'm not certain if it was 1.1e or an earlier version

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 03:20:18 PM »
It will tell you when you connect, if you are using 0.9g then perhaps you didn't install my default parameters.

What I would suggest is to download v1.3s from the updates link below. Uninstall the version you have and install that, then load the 1.1e firmware and see if the problem is fixed. I'm thinking it will be, but if not you can activate the dynamic mode and that will for sure fix it.

Betcmrekoapl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 05:30:45 PM »
Thanks Zax! That did the trick. Is there an easy way to keep up to date on the latest updates? Or is it simply just checking that thread every chance i get?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 06:57:13 PM »
I post official releases on Facebook, which 1.3s is and should go live in the next day or so.

Release candidates are only published here (on the updates thread).