Author Topic: Made some little magnets  (Read 236 times)

QuietMike

• View Profile
Made some little magnets
« on: December 19, 2016, 08:43:50 PM »
Here's a couple little magnet pieces a made 
There 1.5" circles so getting use of the maximum space and getting it centered was a little trial and error.

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Made some little magnets
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 09:32:10 PM »
Those are really neat looking :) nice job!

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 04:57:02 AM »
Those are great.

I don't know if you saw my post where I made several hundred "buttons" like these, what I did was make a jig to hold many at a time. I used a large sheet of "foamies" brand PVA (I think is what it is), it cuts really easy and then I fixed that down to my machine with clips and just inserted the blanks, engraved, removed, repeated. Centering wasn't an issue with this method once I got it setup.

Elephantman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 01:11:01 AM »
I'm still using Bencox software, so can't comment on others, but what I did was placed a piece of balsa in top left corner, and cut it with the laser, using a rectangle. This has become my jig for quickly finding the zero point in x/y
Then I when I make a drawing, i usually make it on a background equal to A5 size, 148x210mm, and dpi=254DPI, or 100pixels/cm.
Then when I import the drawing, its in the right place and correctly scaled. Makes getting the right spot easy each time.

In inkscape i often place a circle of the size of the item I'm about to cut, and then move the circle out of viewing area just before exporting it as a png.

Your magnets look great.