Author Topic: Error in gcode  (Read 153 times)

Marcel

• View Profile
Error in gcode
« on: December 21, 2016, 04:17:15 PM »
I was just burning a photo in the dither or dot mode and the laser just stopped and sent an error message improper format.  and the laser stayed on and it would not shut down.
 is there a way to check the gcode to see if it burnable before i send it to the piece of wood.  I forgot to get a screen shot to post. was try to turn the laser off ended up having to shut the power off.

New just on my first burn other then the trial.

and is there a pdf of the manual that I can down load and print

Marcel

Zax

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Error in gcode
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 04:23:25 PM »
What firmware are you using?

If you could repeat the same process and send me the gcode file via e-mail (zip it first) that would be helpful.

To check your G-code you can send a $C to enable Grbl "check mode", and again to disable it.

Press Shift-F1 to open the manual, you can print it if you so choose.

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 08:35:20 PM »
Ok I will try to run the same  file tomorrow to see if it dose the same thing. I did not save the g code  because I was just testing it, as I just put the licence to it this morning.   I am running  grbl 1.1c  I got it from the resources folder with 1.3.  it is the only one that I saw with the download, you told me to use it with the 2 axis limit switches.   I had to take it into notepad ++ and save it out as a hex file it would not upload as a deploy file type.  also I do not have the little explanations. at the end of the lines to tell you what you are looking to change. but I figured you did that for space.

now you said to upload to the nano using 57600 Baud.  Do you run tthe  program that way. or do you change it back to a higher rate of 115200.  At 57600 it seemed to take forever to get ready to run in t2 and universal gcode sender.

like I said it all seems to work  the limits and such are fine.  Just looking to find out how to set the zero for where the part zero is at.  I am a cnc machinist and that is how I am used to picking up the wcs.   Work coordinates system

thanks for your help   i want to print the manuel to be able to look at wand the screen at the same time.

Zax

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 05:23:36 AM »
I'm very confused by your message. The firmware is installed with a single click from the menu in T2Laser, you don't need to use notepad++ and I am not sure what the "messages" at the end of the lines means. You can't view a hex, it's compiled, you would need to go back to the Grbl source to see any messages as to what the code means.

It isn't even necessary to set the baud rate for uploading firmware, just the port. Then T2Laser takes care of everything else.

When you connect to use the machine the baud rate should be 115200, anything else with 1.1 firmware and you won't get a valid connect string and nothing will work.

You can't run UGS and T2Laser at the same time, they both need dedicated access to the port. This would certainly cause problems and errors.

I've run literally hundreds of millions of lines of g-code from T2Laser and never had the problem you described so I am certain the error is due to something other than software.

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 12:39:28 PM »
ok I messed up  there a bit
 I have an eleks board L7
And like I said that I am used to the cnc stuff so I used exloader to upload my firmware. and UGS to test the machine and set it up. 
I did not know that much about t2 at the time. so when I tried to upload your  1.1c it would not load using xloader, ( did not know t2 would upload it.) That is why I had to convert it to a hex in notepad ++.
so i have tried to upload it using t2 but  I do not think  it is uploading it because my settings do not change.   I have to take and read the manual  to understand what it will do.

I am going to try and load another firmware and see if it loads. then go back to 1.1c

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 11:30:21 PM »
Zax  I think I found the problem!  Could it be possible the the Power supply does not have enough amps.   I tried the one I use to charge Lipo batteries  it runs 3 chargers and everything seemed to work fine.

now I just have to play to get my settings.

any tips on what kind of feeds and power  for doing photos.  the out line I got ok.

and also  is there a way to check if you are going to engrave in the right place.    is it possible to pick up a center point  and get the code to run program from center?  Just asking.

I guess I could turn the laser way down and have it draw an out line to see if it is centered.

I will go look through the form to see if ther is something on this.

Zax

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 03:32:20 AM »
It is possible, especially if your motor drivers aren't set correctly or your machine has excess friction causing higher current loading.

I typically use 600-800 for photos but it depends greatly on the material.

You can use a center start point in the menu, or you can use a low power and engrave or trace the frame. These are all options you can experiment with and see what works best for you.

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 07:18:21 AM »
Thanks Zax been out of town for the holidays  so now I can start looking into learning the program.

Happy New Year To alll