Author Topic: step motor setting  (Read 1175 times)

whisper38

• View Profile
step motor setting
« on: December 21, 2016, 04:23:17 PM »
I have a 2500 laser engraver size is 100cmx100cm , by trying different setting I found setting the time to 5 does great for fonts, but back to my question, after watching a few video I saw that some people had increased the motor step from 1 to 10, I have mine set to 1 does it make any change to the engraving by increasing it to 10 ..?

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: step motor setting
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 04:29:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum...!!!
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
http://www.BenCutLaser.us/BenCutLaserSetup1.8.4a.exe.zip
BCL Paid license: $39.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 04:33:07 PM »
I think you are talking about the manual jog distance, if so it doesn't affect engraving.

whisper38

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 05:52:40 PM »
I just found that out, I know coming from a robotic background normally if you change the step you increase how many MM it will move, trying to find how to engrave a better picture, without so much burning, tried increasing speed, time wise helps, nothing seem to change other than changing the time down to 5 , the laser seem to move at the same rate, laser power will not decrease not sure what's up with that, unless I need to flash it at a lower setting right now its at 255, low light is at 16.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 06:02:43 PM »
You can't control laser power with Benbox, that feature is not supported by the firmware. There is also no way to engrave faster, as you can't adjust the resolution or use faster motion.

Those were all improvements made to later versions of the Grbl firmware.

Those are just 2 reasons I wrote T2Laser.

whisper38

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 06:14:42 PM »
T2laser? is that different program than benbox, if so where can I download it, thanks

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 06:28:28 PM »
There's a link in my signature, be sure to read the conversion4 document also as you need to make some simple changes before it will work correctly.

http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,41.msg272.html#msg272

It's a trial version with some limitations, but you can test it out and decide if you like it.

whisper38

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 06:32:28 PM »
Thanks I'll look it over later tonight, have a merry Christmas, and thanks for your input.

whisper38

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 08:52:44 PM »
after looking at your program, I find my board is different

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 09:22:30 PM »
A quick visual inspection indicates you have a much better controller than the typical Eleks crap. Went to their web site but everything was in Chinese. Suggest you look for other owners and/or do a reverse engineering. Should be easy to Ohm a few signals. I have posted schematics for Eleks L6 which might be a good starting place for the stepper motor drivers, limit switches, and laser drive.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2016, 06:48:24 AM »
The more I see of it the better it looks. Looks like the Nano is optically isolated from the high power components. Hope some users give a feedback on their experiences with it.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2016, 11:01:09 AM »
@whisper38 very kindly sent me the hex that came with his system.

It is named "LuBan-Benbox.hex" and not surprisingly is identical to "LX-Nano.328p.20150626.hex" that is usually supplied with the Benbox software.

It is compatible with T2Laser but you obviously won't gain all of the benefits until you upgrade to Grbl 1.1 firmware.

I can't tell if there's a 0.8/0.9 jumper on that board, but worst case you could cut a trace and solder a jumper to make it work.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 11:47:35 AM »
@Zax, I know this is off topic, but what do you use to decrypt/decompile the .hex files?
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE
Software: T2L
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 01:17:50 PM »
I didn't attempt to decompile it, although technically possible you'll never get back to the source code.

All I did was load it on a Nano and check the outputs to determine what pins they were using, then I ran it on my machine (set for 0.8) and found it reported Benbox and worked in T2Laser.

The next thing I did (should probably have been the first) was a binary comparison to the Benbox firmware and found it was an exact match, so all they did was rename it to their system name.