Author Topic: Everything working but laser  (Read 162 times)

kaykaycb

• View Profile
Everything working but laser
« on: December 23, 2016, 01:24:53 PM »
Can anyone help me? I turned my laser on for the first time and started using it using benbox software. Everything was going fine but I decided to adjust the settings bc it was burning too much, paused it, adjusted settings, started it again. It moved to the bottom of the outline then back to the top and everything was moving like it was burning but the laser itself wasn't working. Turned it off and back on and now the laser won't work, lowlight wont even come on but everything else works. I am a total newb and really frustrated at this point. Can it over heat and shut itself off?

Zax

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Everything working but laser
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 02:47:20 PM »
Plug the laser into the 12V/Fan connector and see if it still works.

beikeland

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 04:15:24 AM »
... but everything else works ... Can it over heat and shut itself off?

Does the fan turn when you try to use it?

Yes, it can overheat, but it does not shut off, it just dies. When trying to get banggood to ship me a replacement they at one point mentioned that it should not be used for more than 30 minutes.

Note that the laser module works less than half an hour in one time, and please when it cool down and continue to work.

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 06:26:43 AM »
I know that with the  Australian EMBLASER, some  owners have changed their fans to a more powerful type..same dimensions tho...I should think that a fan in the side9s)of an enclosure, blowing over the heatshink would help even more to cool the laser down.
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

kaykaycb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 06:35:22 PM »
Ok so this is where we are at. Got a new arduino board, after the whole thing stopped talking to the computer. Figured out I needed to use a USB hub to have enough power. Got it talking to the computer again but still having the same issue. Can't plug the laser into the fan port bc there is no way too. The fan and laser run into this little converter box which then runs to the board. So, what can I do? I am pretty sure that box is the problem somehow. I'm stumped.

Zax

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 06:28:14 AM »
If we knew what machine you have and what software / firmware you are using we could offer better help.

I've never seen that box so I don't think it's the standard machine most of use here have.

beikeland

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 05:48:02 AM »
I hope you didn't buy it off bangood. I've been trying to get a replacement laser module as mine too was dead on arrival.

From September to today, going to the post office later to day to get the replacement, and hopefully it works, but close to 4 months for a replacement is ridiculous.

But yeah, post what make/model your laser is and pictures of board and connector and I think you'll get more responses.