Author Topic: BCL now working with RAMPS 1.4 and Mega2560 CPU (RESOLVED)  (Read 231 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
BCL now working with RAMPS 1.4 and Mega2560 CPU (RESOLVED)
« on: December 26, 2016, 09:17:54 PM »
I'm going to be providing a little more details later on, but I wanted to get this posted this evening.

For the last two weeks I've been working with one of my BCL customers who purchased a 3D printer from Gcreate and then bought a 3.6 watt laser diode from jtechphotonics and mounted the laser head to the Z axis.

His setup contains a RAMPS 1.4 controller with a Mega2560 microprocessor. gCreate did some small modifications to the Marlin Grbl software. Some of the gcode commands that we Benbox users are used to, have been changed on his setup and I've modified BCL to support it. His testing included Z axis testing and I am pleased to report that BCL is now working 100% on his new modified laser machine with a nice Z axis gantry.

He connects at 250,000 baud, which is an odd baud rate, but that is what is needed and that is what works.

More information to follow!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 12:10:56 PM by Administrator »
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
http://www.BenCutLaser.us/BenCutLaserSetup1.8.4a.exe.zip
BCL Paid license: $39.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com

wild.bill

• View Profile
Re: BCL now working with RAMPS 1.4 and Mega2560 CPU
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 01:48:10 PM »
This is something that I am interested in. I have 3 RAMPS board what will not work with a 3D printer without some work. All have blown MOSFET for the bed heater, and that is something that we don't need for a laser. It was many months ago but I had it working with GBRL Controller, and modified the configuration file so it would work without thermistors hooked up, and modified the code to the the M3 and M5 commands to drive the fan output.

Hey Laser Lips, Your mother was a snowblower

SARCASM? Not me

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: BCL now working with RAMPS 1.4 and Mega2560 CPU
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 01:53:13 PM »
OK... I will work with you on this and try to get BCL working on your specific laser setup.

Email me when you have questions and/or need some help from me.
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
http://www.BenCutLaser.us/BenCutLaserSetup1.8.4a.exe.zip
BCL Paid license: $39.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com