Author Topic: How to cut following lines and not like printer  (Read 969 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to cut following lines and not like printer
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 02:20:56 PM »
Nick,

That toolpath dialog saying your toolpath file is out of date means you created your toolpath file, saved it, and then you must have saved the DXF file inside BCL. You didn't mention that step but that's the only way a toolpath file can be 'out of date'. If you watched my video I made a really big deal about not saving a dxf file after creating and saving toolpath files.

Your on the right steps however, just don't save the dxf file once you've made your toolpath files.

I also think you'e trying to do too much between two CAM programs. My suggestion is to focus on T2 Laser and learn that one, get it working, etc.

After that, if you wish, you can then focus on BCL and I will be here to help you. I just think right now you're over loading your brain.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 02:21:28 PM by Administrator »
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
http://www.BenCutLaser.us/BenCutLaserSetup1.8.4a.exe.zip
BCL Paid license: $39.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 03:21:38 PM »
I tested this and it seemed to engrave/cut correctly, as a single continuous line.

If your machine works with the firmware in T2Laser you should get much better results using Grbl 1.1e.

Nick-Nitro

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 02:11:28 AM »
Nick,

That toolpath dialog saying your toolpath file is out of date means you created your toolpath file, saved it, and then you must have saved the DXF file inside BCL. You didn't mention that step but that's the only way a toolpath file can be 'out of date'. If you watched my video I made a really big deal about not saving a dxf file after creating and saving toolpath files.

Your on the right steps however, just don't save the dxf file once you've made your toolpath files.

I also think you'e trying to do too much between two CAM programs. My suggestion is to focus on T2 Laser and learn that one, get it working, etc.

After that, if you wish, you can then focus on BCL and I will be here to help you. I just think right now you're over loading your brain.

You are right, but i really want to understand, by this trial, what is the right programs for my needs.
i've just tried su make the toolpath in BCL, saved path and dxf, then generates the GCode and all was right.
i've made a test on VL, then on cardboard and results was good.
i saved the GCode.

The problem is that, since i've saved the DXF, it becomes unreadable by other programs.
i searched for the problem and i found that, by opening the file with notepade, it contains a single Row "Main.001.mft", that is the name of the toolpath.
if i try to open it with BCL, i get the error on picture attached.

Result is once i modify toolpath, and i close the program, i'm unable to modify it again if needed.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 04:36:25 AM »
If you are mainly interested in line engraving and cutting from DXF files then BCL is probably the best tool for that.

T2Laser is more of a multipurpose tool; you can grey scale engrave images, trace and add text to images, vector engrave and cut DXF/PLT/GBR files, and much more. It also supports multi-pass cutting for thicker materials and has a built-in optimizer for vector files but it doesn't have the manual control of toolpaths like BCL.

Nick-Nitro

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 06:41:14 AM »
If you are mainly interested in line engraving and cutting from DXF files then BCL is probably the best tool for that.

T2Laser is more of a multipurpose tool; you can grey scale engrave images, trace and add text to images, vector engrave and cut DXF/PLT/GBR files, and much more. It also supports multi-pass cutting for thicker materials and has a built-in optimizer for vector files but it doesn't have the manual control of toolpaths like BCL.

Yes, the fact is that if i need a specific line engraving pattern (that's the case), i found BCL optimus.
other side, for images etc sound better T2 so i want to lern both.

for T2, i tried import a b/w image, i press autoTrace to engrave only the contour, but when passed to Laser, the laser output was weak and didn't engrave the material.
maybe i shoul set up laser power different from 0-255? in case, how you suggest to do?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 07:10:59 AM »
It's going to depend on your Grbl configuration as some use 0-1000 for laser power. Providing you use the firmware supplied in T2Laser it will use 0-255 and you should get full power.

The feed rate will affect the burn significantly, the default is probably way too fast as it's for engraving. Set it to the same as you use in BCL and the result should be the same.

If you have a solid b/w logo / clipart then auto-trace works well, if it's "lines" then you will get better results manually tracing the parts you need as auto-trace will generate double lines (this is typical for tracing).

Nick-Nitro

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2017, 07:40:51 AM »
I tried to update firmware with one provided with T2 or the one provided with BCL.
after update, i cannot connect the machine with software. the only way to fix this is to re-flash the original GBRL Firmware for the machine.

i link into the attachment.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2017, 08:31:15 AM »
If you used BCL to do the flashing, in Setup, you have to follow the Flashing Steps ***EXACTLY*** as they are listed...and it will work...!!!
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
http://www.BenCutLaser.us/BenCutLaserSetup1.8.4a.exe.zip
BCL Paid license: $39.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com