Author Topic: Engrave and cut in T2...  (Read 292 times)

porfido

• View Profile
Engrave and cut in T2...
« on: January 01, 2017, 07:30:22 AM »
Hi,
I think I'm doing something wrong...
When I open an image with T2, resize at desiderd output and engrave it, after I try to cut it so, after engraving finished i select the desired definition, speed and power and trace the item...
After sending to laser, cutting starts in a different home position than before...
Size seems correct, but 1 o 2 cm far from right outline...
Don't understand...

THANK YOU, GUYS!!!!

P.S. Reaaly difficult to trace at 0,01 definition for me... Also not so big b&w drawings (around 10000 lines) block the program with "out of memory" message...

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Engrave and cut in T2...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 08:04:51 AM »
You are doing a few things wrong. Let me explain.

If you want to engrave an image and then trace the outline (contour) to cut it out or enhance the edges then you can use Sketch Plus. This will do both in the same job.

If you prefer to do it manually, make sure "Relocate Origin" is disabled (in the Advanced Settings menu) as this will shift the vector to 0,0 and mess up your alignment. It is important to maintain the same origin point for both jobs.

I'm not sure why you are using 0.01 resolution, the typical values would be 0.1 to 0.15 (the diameter of the laser).

What do you mean by b&w drawings of 10000 lines? Can you post an example. I test T2Laser on a very cheap Windows 10 tablet and have done very large jobs with no out of memory issues, perhaps because of the 0.01 resolution which will generate massive image files.

porfido

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 01:18:49 PM »
You're absolutely right, Zax! Thank you!!!

nottingham82

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 01:33:24 PM »
It certainly has to do with the .01.  Every time I have done something like that I have memory issues.  Dont do it.  Like zax says your laser is only .1mm and that is if its perfectly focused.
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

porfido

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 03:00:42 PM »
Thank you!!!!