Author Topic: software  (Read 663 times)

waynegu

• View Profile
software
« on: January 02, 2017, 08:51:55 PM »
Can I have two or three different software programs on my computer but only run 1. or will they mess up each other.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: software
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 09:06:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum...!!!

I think it depends on which programs?

T2 Laser and BCL (I think) need slightly different Grbl firmware settings. However, with BCL, can set all the needed Grbl settings with one mouse click, so it's pretty easy to re-configure your controller for BCL use.

Both programs can use the same Grbl version which is 1.1e so you won't have to re-flash (not that flashing is that hard or takes that long).

I can't speak for other software, so perhaps you can confirm which software programs you have in mind to run on one PC?
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
https://www.dropbox.com/s/44x9lota2l3ub4t/SetupBenCutLaser3.1h.zip?dl=0
BCL Paid license: $49.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: software
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 05:23:44 AM »
Yes, you can have multiple software loaded but as you said only 1 open at a time.

Since BCL and T2Laser both support Grbl 1.1e that would be the best option to use.

If you use the firmware provided in T2Laser it already has my default parameters which I would think should work for BCL also but I am not familiar with what Ralph changes. T2Laser can set them back to default if needed but I am pretty sure we can both use the same settings which would make it easier to switch.