Author Topic: Gap lines while engraving  (Read 212 times)

spirgiann

• View Profile
Gap lines while engraving
« on: January 04, 2017, 01:15:03 PM »
Hello everybody. While engraving i get these gaps in my picture. Do ypu know why is that?i am using 5.5 mw violet laser. This image was made 1200 speed 220 laser power and 0.2 resolution. Thank you in advance.gap Lines are in the right shoe.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Pilot Instructor
    • View Profile
Re: Gap lines while engraving
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 01:41:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum...!!!

Zax

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 02:07:46 PM »
Sorry, I have a few questions before I can answer.

Do you see the laser go off?
Does it return back to the original home position when finished, or is it shifted slightly?
This looks like diagonal mode, does it have lines in horizontal mode too?

PD0RUZ

• Let there be light, LASER LIGHT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 01:45:18 AM »
having the same problem here.
only thing that has changed, gbrl version and latest t2 laser software.
*A3 Laser 2500mW
*T2Laser Licensed software*
*Modified 2.5Watt laser module*
*Running Agastar Linear Pwm laser board*

Zax

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 05:25:15 AM »
Never say never, but I am pretty sure it's not related to T2Laser as there have been no changes to the engraving "engine" that generates the G-code since 1.3c, I have made a few mods to some of the post processor code but nothing recently or that would cause this.

I also doubt it's related to Grbl as I've been using 1.1e (distributed with T2Laser) for a while now and have not seen this on my machine.

Are you only seeing this on diagonal? I wonder if the PSU isn't able to deliver enough power when both motors are running and the laser is on.

spirgiann

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 07:24:24 AM »
hello again i have just realised that one of two belts was not tight enough. the right one reached the down limit while the other was about one cm away from the limit.i will fix the belts again and then i will send you the results.

PD0RUZ

• Let there be light, LASER LIGHT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 08:38:15 AM »
Thats not the problem in my case..
Will start this evening a new laser engrave project..
Wil check some things out. Let you know..
*A3 Laser 2500mW
*T2Laser Licensed software*
*Modified 2.5Watt laser module*
*Running Agastar Linear Pwm laser board*

nottingham82

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 09:03:22 AM »
try uping the resolution to get your lines a little closer together. Experiment with say .15 or .1
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

Zax

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 09:32:00 AM »
or slightly de-focus the laser so it "blends" the lines better.

spirgiann

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 12:33:50 PM »
hello again i just tried horizontal engraving on the same wood and now have these lines . also the name is not complete.i want you to know that when i installed the t2 laser i did not change any parameters. should i make some changes?and if yes where can i?finally i want to know why when i import files from photoshop the size is incorrect.my original file is 305 mm x 285mm 240 pixel per inch and t2 doubles the size and when i am trying to resize the res is not good.my original file is a curved line so i can cut a 2mm paper.

Zax

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 01:45:45 PM »
You are using a resolution of 0.2, so you are going to get 5 lines per mm.

If your laser is focused it is likely 0.1-0.15 diameter meaning you will get some gaps, so the solution is either to de-focus slightly to blend the lines or use a higher resolution (say 0.15).

Now regarding the size, when you save an image it doesn't have any physical size. It has pixels. So in Photoshop when you say it the "size" is translated based on the DPI, so you would get 305 mm X 240 DPI = 305 X 9.45 = 2882. When you load it to T2Laser it is converted back to a physical size based on the resolution, so using 0.2 would be 127 DPI, so your image becomes 576mm (2882 / 5).

So, if you are going to use 0.1 for resolution set the DPI to 254.

Better yet, save it at 100 DPI and set the output to what you want after loading. T2Laser will re-scale it using an anti-aliasing algorithm which does a good job of keeping quality but helps provide a smooth engraving. It is also a more manageable file size for generating the g-code.

spirgiann

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 12:26:12 AM »
Which file is the best to create in photoshop? Bmp, jpeg? I will save them 100 dpi. All my files are vectors from internet which i remake them in photoshop. And hiw many pixels ( width) do i have to make a line so i can use it to cut a 2 mm cardboard?

Zax

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 04:45:37 AM »
If you are cutting, you should be using vector and not converting to raster. If you want to engrave and cut, use the raster but then select Sketch-Plus and trace the outline or whatever you want to cut.

T2Laser will take care of the process of doing both, raster first and then vector cutting.

I would use png for clipart and jpg for images.

spirgiann

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 01:00:32 PM »
i fixed the problem by de focus the laser and use 0.1 resolution. i now want to ask you why i am using this file to cut a 2mm paper which is 305x 285 mm dimensions and t2 gives me 4 hours working time. actually it is a sketch including 4 curved lines.i thought it would take about 4 minutes. what am i doing wrong?

nottingham82

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 01:49:31 PM »
Click auto trace. Will turn it into a 10 second job.
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016