Author Topic: Elekmaker-"mana se" 3 pin mystery  (Read 537 times)

seanjmw

• View Profile
Elekmaker-"mana se" 3 pin mystery
« on: January 05, 2017, 01:41:32 PM »
Got this board with an engraving kit but the laser output is a 3 pin?? is the center one the ttl or something? i have bought a 2w laser for it but that only has the 2 pin plug on it. I only have used the L7 before which has a 2 pin laser output

Madmark

• Do NOT look into beam with remaining good eye!
    • View Profile
Re: Elekmaker-"mana se" 3 pin mystery
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 04:49:30 PM »
Board says +, -, and S for shield. Connect accordingly.

M
GearBest A5 - 1600mW
LX-5 controller w/single MOSFET & GRBL jumper
Benbox 3.7.99
AutoCAD 2k .DXF
Ancient 2GB Dell Optiplex w/USB scanner

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 07:40:47 PM »
The board appears to have a power MOSFET so I am guessing that the 3-pin header is a TTL control and the 2-pin RED header labeled MOTOR is actually the switched laser. Use a multimeter to ohm out the signals.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 12:19:16 AM »
Well the laser output socket appears to be the white one ( 2 pin) between the red and the yellow 3 pin  to me....it says LASER   alongside it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 01:05:24 AM by ROSS »
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

Colka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 04:51:34 AM »
Well the laser output socket appears to be the white one ( 2 pin) between the red and the yellow 3 pin  to me....it says LASER   alongside it.

HI Ross

I looked up the board and the connections are as follows. Red 2 pin is fan control. White plug 3 pin is laser control. and yellow 3 pin (Bare) is for servo motor control. as in RC servos.

2 axis control panel board for DIY laser engraving cutting machine. Size: 94mm*46mm*21mm. Control software: bitmap print Version (Benbox) / advanced knife engraving (GRBL),support GRBL0.9,PWM control laser power.. Support steering gear control.Power interface: DC 5.5-2.1 interface. Power supply: recommended to use 12V 2A DC power adapter (100-240V). ADJ module. Dual Y axis interface, can drive 2A 4 phase 2 wire stepper motor. MINI USB interface. Laser voltage adjustable. Fan interface. Weak laser switch. also did you get all the mini plugs and usb cable that should have come with the board as in the picture.

Colka

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 04:53:25 AM »
I think that header labeled LASER is  3-pin. With a 2-pin header I can see both pins whereas with a 3-pin there is a plastic tab covering the middle pin.

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 04:54:47 AM »

The size of the "laser" designated  sockets shows it to be a two pin compared to the other white sockets....and...as the board is an Eleks maker board I doubt they would change the laser socket to a 3 pin........
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:25:41 AM by ROSS »
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 05:42:33 AM »
I disagree. It appears similar in size to the 3-pin servo motor connector. I would NOT expect consistency. Perhaps there is a jumper that selects TTL or MOSFET output. BTW, did you notice the CPU board? Looks different from a typical Nano.

Colka

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 05:45:32 AM »
The back of the board shows 3 pins as I said in earlier post with colours picture attached below shows it as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Axis-Control-Panel-Board-for-DIY-Laser-Engraving-Cutting-Machine-Benbox-GRBL-/262228349534
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:50:20 AM by Colka »

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 06:03:20 AM »
Looking at the ebay advert  mentioned above  in closeup....you ARE quite correct.  The so called laser socket does appear to have 3 pins although it is physically smaller than the other 3 pin sockets.  Weird.  :((

What sort of plug is on the end of the laserhead?  (coming from the laser).... 3 pin...2 pin?? 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:05:34 AM by ROSS »

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 06:24:54 AM »
I have a stock of headers in 2.54, 2.5, & 2.0 mm spacing.

Colka

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 06:27:21 AM »
@Ross

Did your Laser's head come with a Transformer? or just a lead.? If a transformer Or power supply. it should only be 2 core lead to a 2 pin

Which in my it case does, using the elecs maker Arduino nano board.

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 07:04:35 AM »
5.5w came with a power adaptor to feed the laserhead.  I cut the connector off the laser head lead, extended it to the control board  laser 2 pin socket  socket and plugged the adapter into the  c/board board.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:10:45 AM by ROSS »

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

Colka

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 07:24:05 AM »
Without plugging in the laser to the board. You can test the DC voltage across the  +- and S pin (without any damage to the board providing you don't short them out) on the3 pin laser connection. If not use a  12vdc fan from a PC or something similar. to test for the running of it. The fan will also indicate if it speeds up and slows down as to whether you have PWM/TTL control. as will the multi meter.if when the board is switched on without the connection to the S.   

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 08:32:04 AM by Colka »

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 08:31:19 AM »
Based on the backside traces, you can see D11 goes to the S pin (for both the servo and laser connector), so probably means signal.