Author Topic: Bezier curves  (Read 339 times)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Bezier curves
« on: January 07, 2017, 07:42:21 AM »
Back in v1.3c I added support for most of the common DXF entities, which included splines and beziers (curves and other shapes were already supported, the only exception is text).

I don't really use beziers myself but following a post over on the BCL thread I did some testing.

Here's a quick example using TurboCAD, the bezier imports perfectly.

I've noticed that some programs don't do a great job of exporting them accurately in which case they won't be correct in T2Laser but I can't fix what another program does incorrectly. It will depend on the CAD software, in particular I've noticed some odd errors with Inkscape but not always. So I still recommend converting to polylines or curves when exporting.

mauriceman

• View Profile
Re: Bezier curves
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 11:59:31 AM »
oooo baby, oooo baby, looks sweet!  I see it's a teaser for 13U, version USA maybe? I'm down for the count laser wise. I build a new gantry from Openbuilds using some parts from my Banggood machine. Smooth as silk and no wheel wobble. It's been motion tested and am very pleased. Don't know if I'm going to have to up stepper motor size yet. At the same time, moving my laserarium to the basement due to my wife's request. Gotta put in some venting to the outside lest setting off whole house smoke detertors and red trucks pulling up out front. Snowing too hard to make a run to Home Depot today for duct supplies. Soon though.  Thanks for the programming skills. I can still remember typing in code on IBM punch cards. I think it was ALGOL COBOL and PL1. We've certainly come a long way in my lifetime.
Retired Industrial Electrician, PLC
Banggood 17X25 2W TTL

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Bezier curves
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 01:20:16 PM »
A teaser... but you don't have to wait too long. I'm posting now!