Author Topic: Box  (Read 80 times)

ToneG

• View Profile
Box
« on: February 13, 2017, 02:18:22 PM »
Finally got the box together today.
Want to add another fan and perhaps give it a coat of black in the better weather.
And maybe add a Perspex window.

But it's better than having to cover the laser with a cardboard box like I've been doing.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
Re: Box
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 09:07:50 PM »
Amen to that
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board
Software: T2L
Image Resizer Applications: http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg20182.html#msg20182

ToneG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 12:22:18 AM »
Amen to that

Thats a top of the range cardboard box.
Mine was just the one the laser came in with the flaps open to make it bigger and falling apart.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 04:14:59 AM »
I'm sure there's a golden rule about not enclosing your laser in a flammable box  ::) but at least it's got a fan  ;D

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 05:47:11 AM »
>Thats a top of the range cardboard box.
Mine was just the one the laser came in with the flaps open to make it bigger and falling apart.

My company orders really expensive computers and they come with nice thick cardboard boxes. I had to cut through four layers of cardboard to mount that fan.

>I'm sure there's a golden rule about not enclosing your laser in a flammable box  ::) but at least it's got a fan  ;D

I am sure that is true. Sometime you just have to live dangerously.  8).
Honestly, I chose that box because that gives me about 4" all the way around my A5. Plus, I never leave it while doing a job. What you don't see is that I have 6 fire extinguishers (it is good to know someone in the business  ;))
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board
Software: T2L
Image Resizer Applications: http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg20182.html#msg20182