Author Topic: Text engraving on 3/8 thick clear acrylic  (Read 4375 times)

nottingham82

• View Profile
Re: Text engraving on 3/8 thick clear acrylic
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 08:19:09 AM »
it works as a good cover for wood to prevent smoke burn.  Should work ok for acrylic too.
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

marcob

• View Profile
Re: Text engraving on 3/8 thick clear acrylic
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 12:00:04 PM »
I plan to make a video on this process. Two parts. In Part I, I will show all the steps on how I create the .dxf file, the award sample Text, all from within BCL, no outside CAD program needed.

Part II, I will show the acrylic actually being laser burned on the laser machine using my video camera.

I'm attaching a photo of my prototype acrylic plate...the red arrow is pointing to the test burn using the technique of white paper down, then the acrylic plate on top of that...in other words, showing the results of the burn on the bottom!!

It's just beautiful...so easy to see...!!! BTW that was with a 1.6w laser diode...!!!
Hi guys, newbie, so, a very cordial greeting.
I've tried this method, and it works, but the paper almost burns making black the acrylic, and sticking together on some part of the image. Probably a lower power or higher speed will help...elekslaser a3 pro, t2laser, laser 255, vector feed rate 200.
Suggestions?
Thanks a lot
Marco