Author Topic: Bencut Not working (CLOSED)  (Read 286 times)

Marcel

• View Profile
Bencut Not working (CLOSED)
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:11:52 AM »
Ok I just downloaded and installed Bencut laser.

I am using t2 laser with 1.1e grbl and it works fine .  But the BCL Seams connect but if I do something like the only thing I have been able to do burn the focus line or the 45 that is it then I have to disconnect and reconnect to get to even let me move the laser head.  and I tride on of the dfx files in the and when I generat the g code  I get a M04 instead of M03.  is the some sort of setup documentation for this? 
I have watched the videos and found nothing on the setup.  Dose it work with grbl 1.1e that T2 uses?
« Last Edit: Today at 08:36:06 AM by Administrator »

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Pilot Instructor
    • View Profile
Re: Bencut Not working
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 09:36:57 AM »
Please review the trouble shooting tips here: http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,861.0.html

Do you get the Welcome message when you connect? That is the second Sticky post: http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1248.0.html

BCL works with 1.1e Grbl. That is the first Sticky post: http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1253.0.html

Make sure your Setup pages are set correctly...see attachment.

>is the some sort of setup documentation for this?

Last week I made a Quick Start Guide and I am uploading it now...check my Youtube Channel in about 30 minutes and it should be ready to view: https://www.youtube.com/user/rfresh1011
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:50:01 AM by Administrator »

Marcel

• View Profile
Re: Bencut Not working (OPEN)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 11:59:38 AM »
Yes I am getting the grbl welcome.

My pages do not look the same as what you show.

I have limit switchs and  use 1.1e grbl as i use t2 laser and I use m03 in it so this should be the same true

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 12:20:36 PM »
here are some screen shots of some items you asked about

also where do you give the commands like $H  to get it to home or the help for grbl with "$"

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 12:22:23 PM »

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 12:23:09 PM »

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 12:24:12 PM »

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Pilot Instructor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 01:05:19 PM »
Thanks for the screen shots.

I think the M04 issue is because you are using 1.1e. 1.8.0 allows 1.1e and does not force M04 which is what is happening with your BCL build. I will be releasing 1.8.0 in another day or two.

In the mean time, sorry to say you'll have to load 0.9i or 0.9j to use BCL. Once you get 1.8.0 then you can load 1.1e and use T2 and BCL without needing to flash.

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 02:36:18 PM »
I will just wait. till it is released to try it.

Thanks for the reply.   

I burn the lines into dollar tree foam to give us the pattern to cut it out for are planes.  I am wanting to cut ribs in balsa and try to cut 1/8 plywood but I think the plywood in the rc airplanes has to many layer to cut with these small laser. 

see if this works (BCL) then my home built plotter turned laser will cover a full 20" x 30" foam board and i will not have to go through my cam program and generate toolpaths and then edit them to use the laser and and run on UGS or chillypepper.  So keeping my fingers crossed.   just wish we could figure hoe to cut white foam on these things.

Thanks again  Ralph

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Pilot Instructor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 02:41:36 PM »
Give me a link to where I can buy this foam you use and I will try to cut it and report what happens to me with it.

Marcel

• View Profile
Re: Bencut Not working (PENDING 1.8.0)
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 09:51:50 PM »
Just go to any dollar tree and buy it if you live in the United States.   

They are in sheets 30"x20"  the white.  it is 1 dollar a sheet.

I had an other nano board and flased the .9j grbl and the machine worked but I can not even get glose to cutting through 3mm plywood.

And I tried slowing it down and it looks to me like it did not change.   I am going to watch your videos again and read the manuel to see if I an missing things.

but I did notice that it does nor like large format.   and I have tried to change things to poly lines but have not had any success.   the file I get are from flitetest.com and they are pdfs that I take into inkscape. and then save them as dfx. so i am not drawing them. so the splines come in very segmented.  But I will figure it out.

let me know when 1.8.0 is ready

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Pilot Instructor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 10:23:15 PM »
I live near a Dollar Tree so I will stop in this weekend and get a sheet.

>but I can not even get glose to cutting through 3mm plywood.

Have you set up and configured your cutting laser tool yet? See attachment. You have to do that so you KNOW what settings are needed to cut 3mm Plywood using the test shapes.

>And I tried slowing it down and it looks to me like it did not change.

You don't do this on your work job...you do this using the test shapes and figure out what settings are needed to cut 3mm Plywood.

>but I did notice that it does nor like large format.

I'm not sure what that means but test shapes have 3 sizes to test your laser tool settings.

1.8.0 is ready for you...I sent you an email.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Pilot Instructor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 02:01:12 PM »
I just tried cutting foam...using a 1.6w laser, speed mm 100, 100% power...12 passes I can get about 80% through but not all the way.

Zax

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 02:13:02 PM »
12 passes and still not through, you get an A for persistence  ;)

I can't cut that stuff with the 40W CO2 either, well I can but the foam inside generally ignites and makes a gooey mess.

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 10:05:58 PM »
Thanks Ralph I got it  it is working but have a question?

Will I be able to do the big 20 by 30  foam board?  I do know I will have to change the drawings a bit.  just played a little with it today  I see that my dfx files have way to many lines.

And also in the trial can you change the cutting tools.  I tried to change one and it did not seem to make a difference. Now I am just trying to mark the foam board so I can cut it with a razor knife.

And Zax thanks I wired up my 7 watt to ttl and it ok.  not great but I think that there may be to much current drop in this eleks 7 board. but still working on it.