Author Topic: Image Resizer Application  (Read 6346 times)

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
Re: Image Resizer Application
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 09:47:21 AM »
> "C" was always worth learning - I learned it in the 70's and still use it today along with C++

I agree. I meant to add *insert sarcasm here* on that line. As always, the right tool for the right job....

> Cool indeed but not likely to happen for years, if ever. My co-developer Paul (who is more knowledgeable on this) doubts that .NET Core will ever support Winforms and WPF, which is what BCL is...a hybrid app of Winforms and WPF windows application.

Thanks for the update. .NET Core does sound very cool but it seems very young.

Sorry George. I tried.  :'(
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 09:51:08 AM »
>.NET Core does sound very cool but it seems very young.

At present, it doesn't even have GUI support, only a Console window...
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv1qee2vb65785t/SetupBenCutLaser3.2a.zip?dl=0
BCL Paid license: $49.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 10:03:15 AM »
>.NET Core does sound very cool but it seems very young.

At present, it doesn't even have GUI support, only a Console window...

Back to the DOS "GUI" system. Just have BCL Console edition....You get to watch the gcode fly by in the terminal.
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

wild.bill

• Hey Laser Lips, Your mother was a snowblower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 12:15:13 PM »
> "C" was always worth learning - I learned it in the 70's and still use it today along with C++

I agree. I meant to add *insert sarcasm here* on that line. As always, the right tool for the right job....

> Cool indeed but not likely to happen for years, if ever. My co-developer Paul (who is more knowledgeable on this) doubts that .NET Core will ever support Winforms and WPF, which is what BCL is...a hybrid app of Winforms and WPF windows application.

Thanks for the update. .NET Core does sound very cool but it seems very young.

Sorry George. I tried.  :'(
After I hit post I thought I should have added sarcasm as well, and truth be told I do have the full java IDE. I did software development the last 20 years before I retired so these days I would rather build hardware.

I do use your current resizer and the thing I would add is remembering the last source directory.
Thanks for all your work.
Laser: was an A3 2.0w TTL L6 Z axis now 2'x3'
          OpenBuilds ACRO 510 w/ 2.0W TTL laser Cohesion Mini Z axis Homing switches
          K40 Cohesion Mini 60W LightObject LPS
          80W Red-Black 500x700

cool is simply a subjective state of mind

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 12:54:52 PM »
Yes bill, I agree. And the rotating of the picture needs to be fixed. That app was made on and off in about three hours. There is a lot missing as well as improvements that could be made. I do have a list of improvements hat I plan on implementing in the java version. Opinions and suggestions are always welcome. Keep em coming!

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2017, 08:24:22 PM »
Hey everyone. Just posting a small update on the java version.
I am almost done with v1 of the java version. This one will have a lot of little improvements that my .net and python versions did not have. Many are items you would expect in an app such as actually determining if an image was select as well as an output path. Many are simple improvements to keep it from crashing. All I have left is to finish the code for conversion and do some beta testing on a few OSs.

Sorry this is taking so long. I got overloaded at my money making job. I am also writing a program for them in .net for my engineering department, so that has eaten up some time. I hope to have v1 done and tested within a week.

wild.bill

• Hey Laser Lips, Your mother was a snowblower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2017, 08:31:25 PM »
You should never be sorry that your day job is in the way.
I always say that a pay check is good and supports my hobbies.

Take your time and enjoy the process
Laser: was an A3 2.0w TTL L6 Z axis now 2'x3'
          OpenBuilds ACRO 510 w/ 2.0W TTL laser Cohesion Mini Z axis Homing switches
          K40 Cohesion Mini 60W LightObject LPS
          80W Red-Black 500x700

cool is simply a subjective state of mind

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2017, 09:17:28 PM »
Thanks bill. Gotta keep the electricity on if I want to do these things.  ;D

I am sure for a programmer, this is a walk in the park, but I am relearning java. I went to school for it but majored in beer drinking instead. Now I wish I woke up for those 8am classes. Live and learn.

I hated java and all the Cs back the. Because if you had one bracket or semicolon missing, your whole app was fubar. When I did some work in Excel for my company in the wide world of vba, I loved the lack of them. That brought me to Visual Basic and vb.net. Loved it for the ease. But I work in windows, mac and Linux and have always disliked how I had to find different apps to do the same thing. It has gotten better over the years, but still. I though Python was the best way (again, simple and works well with a raspberry pi), but the ability to run from a double click is not there yet. So now it is back to java, my old nemesis. Oddly enough, the brackets and semicolons are almost tolerable for me now. One thing I keep reminding myself.... syntax, syntax, syntax

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 07:30:14 PM »
All,

I have what I think is a very nice v1 of my java version of my ImageResizer app. I am taking a page from Zax and posting all software updates on the first post in this thread.

Please have a go at it and let me know what you think.

@ggallant571......it works on Linux........ ;D