Author Topic: Grbl options  (Read 2810 times)

Zax

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Grbl options
« on: February 12, 2016, 05:14:26 AM »
The current master Grbl v0.9j https://github.com/grbl/grbl is compatible if you change the jumper under the Arduino to 0.9 or compile it with pwm disabled (comment out VARIABLE_SPINDLE in config.h).

It currently flushes the buffer on spindle commands which may cause problems with lasers (this is likely to be resolved in a future release), so you may want to use one of the modified branches that are laser specific.

Here are some of the options:
J-Tech (this is a hex you can flash to the Arduino using xloader), uses S0-255 to control the laser power by PWM.
LaserMod by idanielrobert (supports laser or cnc using $L command), uses Z0 to Z255 to control laser power.
LaserInk by nickw89509 (works with PWM or digital on/off laser), uses S0-255 for laser control when in PWM mode.
LaserMode by Andy (popular for grey scale photo engraving)
9gMod by Nefa, uses $Z# command to set laser power

There are others, I just haven't tested them yet. Please post any others you have tried and the results.

A huge thanks to Sonny Jeon (chamnit) for his support in getting Grbl to where it is now and it's continued development in the future.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Pilot Instructor
    • View Profile
Re: Grbl options
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 11:58:31 AM »
Wow great info Zax.

I'm using one of the Laser branches but I don't remember which one! I better go back and see if I can figure out which one and write it down! I am using Snnn to control laser power.

joseavilada

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 11:39:18 AM »
Hi. I take two days without stopping reading this forum, though because my programming level is low, have enough computer skills . I have read the @Administrator had the same as me now happens to me ...
I have a Gearbest 5500mw A5 Mini laser engraving machine and controller has no PWM laser. It burns everything
Solution as the @administrator explained is to remove the pin from the motherboard and install the new GRBL ,
but the question is I canīt find the .hex files from J - tech  or LaserMod or LaserInk In the explanation you gave above . I surfed the https://github.com/grbl/grbl web and I canīt find .hex files. Could you post the url, please. Thanks
My only option is to burn it with Xloader because I donīt have IDE.
Thank you very much for help and sorry for my English (Google translator ;D).

Zax

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 01:58:10 PM »
You can find them all here http://benboxlaser.us/index.php?topic=50.msg348#msg348

These are all Grbl 0.9 laser branch firmware so you will need to move the jumper under the Arduino Nano, or you'll find the laser is always on.

Another option is to use the Benbox firmware which is based on an older Grbl.

- Zax

caperry88

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 04:18:16 PM »
XLoader worked great for me, I neglected to move the jumper so my laser was always on.
Equipment:  Gearbest 2500mw A5 Mini Laser Engraving Machine  -  2500MW  SILVER 167912906 Air-cooling Weak Light Automatic Positioning DIY Kit
Software: T2Laser with J-Tech Photonics 0.9g Grbl

joseavilada

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 07:37:43 AM »
Thank you very much. The PWM working perfectly. I have 5500mw Laser and it is totally necessary control the power because it burns everything :(