Author Topic: I need help!  (Read 1447 times)

mostlydave

• View Profile
I need help!
« on: February 18, 2017, 10:19:32 AM »
I could not get my engraver, banggood E3, 2500mw to work at all with the chinese software, and I'm having some trouble with T2.

I purchased a license after a sucessful test engraving, but now I'm having trouble trying to line up what is going to be engraved.

I always manually move my carriage to the lower left hand (toward the controller board) corner of the frame, when every I send a job it seems to stutter into the corner before starting and the top of the job is messed up.

Attached is a test file, and the result from actually running

mostlydave

• View Profile
Re: I need help!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 10:23:16 AM »
My laser also fires for about 2 seconds on burning power everytime I go into the control laser screen, How do I stop that?

nottingham82

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 10:31:13 AM »
the firing is a separate issue.  It has to do with the bootloader firing up.  Carolynsdad did a writeup on how to modify the board to fix it and zax and hippie are working on anther possible solution.

The stuttering is definitely a mechanical issue. When the machine is off (disconnect the power supply) and you manually push around the laser carriage does it move freely?  Your stepper controllers may need adjustment or your belts may need adjustment on the tension.  Also lower left or 0,0 is defined as away from the controller board by convention.  The controller should be oriented toward the wall.

From what you are saying it doesnt sound like you have any software or pc problems.  I would start with the belt tension.  If that doesnt help read the posts on adjusting stepper controllers

If you still cant figure it out I would consider posting a small video on youtube so we can see whats happening and link to it here.   
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 10:33:28 AM by nottingham82 »
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 01:20:34 PM »
It seems odd that the rest looks normal.

When you move it to the start point, are you then setting home (the origin point or 0,0)?

It should only move up to the first line and begin scanning, never left of the point you set (assuming you are using lower left home in the settings menu).

I would also check your motor driver current in addition to what nottingham82 suggested.

carolynsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 01:21:53 PM »
My laser also fires for about 2 seconds on burning power everytime I go into the control laser screen, How do I stop that?

It depends on what board you have there for driving the laser; ours (shown below) came with the 3.5W laser and my solution to the problem is detailed here:
http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1391.msg18049.html#msg18049

Mike
2.5W BangGood laser kit in use by my daughter for craft work.
3.5W BangGood with TTL board in use by me as a developemt tool only.
T2Laser and Benbox software.

mostlydave

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 04:51:04 PM »
Thanks for the help everyone, I think I got it sorted out, the love you file is just weird, it's the only one misaligned like that.

I did loosen my belts a little and had to take apart the laser carriage and filed the wheel holes a little, it was way to tight on the beam

I also had the carriage in the opposite corner of the the machine than the software considers home position, I though the end with the controller board was the front.

I also figured out a workaround for the laser coming on, if I set the switch on the laser to low power while I hit the laser control button it doesn't burn. I'm sure I'm going to forget to do that at the worst time.

This is a newer kit, it has the mana se board a black wheels with threaded spacers on the axles.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 05:54:34 PM »
You can have it in either orientation, just reverse the motors as needed.