Author Topic: Pausing issues  (Read 2739 times)

Hippie With A Cowboy Hat

• View Profile
Pausing issues
« on: January 31, 2017, 06:54:00 PM »
Having random pausing while running laser today.  Really annoyed.   Good files that have worked fine before.  Suggestions please.
Am I the only one who can't sleep, wondering why John Wayne walked that way?

nottingham82

• View Profile
Re: Pausing issues
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 12:32:55 AM »
When was the last time you did a computer reset?  Seems silly but it necessary every once and awhile.
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

Hippie With A Cowboy Hat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 01:24:50 AM »
Computer is a week old.  Even i cant mess it up that quick !

Thinking I may need a new usb cable.  Banggood china one uas filter, and those always fail, and the one i am using is 5 years old.  Gut says its a communication error...

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 04:19:40 AM »
Cable or USB driver (Windows sometimes does auto-update on drivers) are good things to check, here's others.

You haven't changed firmware? (Should get the Grbl 1.1e message at connection)

How about laser mode, you haven't accidentally disabled it? (Settings/Advanced on the Laser Control screen)

It will do that with non-laser firmware or firmware that isn't in laser mode, as the CNC needs time to get the spindle up to speed.

vernerl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 05:22:02 AM »
I'm glad that someone has already started this topic  ;)
I have the same problem - when engrave is started after some time laser (motors of CNC) stops and all cnc makes strange sound. When it stops sometimes we got many black dots on the picture  :(
When I engrave, my Intel i5-5200U laptop power settings are - never switch off display, never switch off HDD......
After some stupid tests now I know what helps - before or after to start engraving I run in the background some YouTube channel videos and then T2Laser works without stops. Other what helps  ;D all the time to move computer mouse. What it is mean - when some other software does its job in background, computer is always "hot". If we switch off other software, restart computer and then start the T2Laser it looks like the computer resources simply falls asleep. 
What is interesting, if to run some GRBL 1.1 controller software (there are many of these in the internet) this problem never happens. Besides, if we run GRBL seem like it even a little freezes computer for other background software.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 06:14:02 AM »
I have not seen this issue, and have processed jobs for many hours. The computer screen and hard drive (I use SSD's) goes to sleep but the laser continues normally. T2Laser uses multi threading for the controller which is optimized for background operation and set as a priority CPU task.

Is it possible you have some background task that is causing this, maybe antivirus or backup software that is kicking in?

Hippie With A Cowboy Hat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 07:02:39 AM »
Havnt had computer going to sleep to cause it, but once when it did go to sleep, i jiggled the mouse tomwake it back up, and accidentally hit the e-Stop.  Ticked me off royally...

Have ran a few hours since 1.3W and hasnt occured again.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 08:02:53 AM »
In the next version I'm going to expose :-[ the "sleep" options so users can experiment. It won't change the default mode, just let you play with the settings.

The default is what I call "Insomnia Mode", it assigns T2Laser as a critical background process and in theory prevents the computer from sleeping (doesn't work with all laptops/tablets). I also have a "Keep Display On" option which will prevent the screen from turning off, but not the screensaver from activating (but you can easily disable that).

Although insomnia mode works correctly on my test PC's (Win 7 Desktop and Win 10 Tablet) perhaps forcing the display to remain on will help on others that don't behave correctly. You may also need to set the power plan to high performance.

Saboo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 02:20:09 PM »
If this is a sleep or hibernate issue.  Steps to fix are below.

In Windows 7.
Start| Control Panel | Power Options | under 'Balanced' - Select Change Plan Settings | Select Change Advanced Power Settings | USB Settings | USB Selective Suspend Setting | set as  Disabled. 

Same window under Hard Disk | Turn Off Hard Disk After | Select 0 for Never
Same window  Under PCI Express | Link State Power Management set OFF
Same window Under Sleep | Sleep After - choose 0 for Never
Also Under Sleep you can turn off all other Hibernate / Sleep options

When done select OK

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 03:10:03 PM »
Thanks Saboo.

The latest version v1.3x was released and has "Insomnia Mode" on the Settings menu, as well as the option to keep the display on. These take effect on the Laser Control screen, and I am also setting T2Laser as a priority task.

Windows ultimately has the final word on what it does regarding power saving, other programs like backup software or anti-virus can override these also.

I would also avoid USB hubs, especially the passive kind.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 03:35:49 PM »
FYI - Hippie (Mike) has been banned from this forum by mutual agreement. He didn't want to follow the rules of posting on this forum and by his own admission, doesn't care much for authority or following rules in general. So, obviously, this wasn't a good place for him to hang his cowboy hat.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 03:36:39 PM by Administrator »
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv1qee2vb65785t/SetupBenCutLaser3.2a.zip?dl=0
BCL Paid license: $49.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 06:31:55 PM »
That's too bad, but there is a reason for this forum. If we get too off topic, it becomes very hard to locate answers. Hope the best for him.
Laser: A3 2500mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297