Author Topic: DXF opening different on T2  (Read 2417 times)

Tribo

• View Profile
DXF opening different on T2
« on: March 05, 2017, 07:23:54 AM »
I do not know what happens ... I downloaded this .dxf file, which opens normal in Corel, but in T2 it opens like this in the image ... Inkscape also opens different

I've been robbed.

nottingham82

• View Profile
Re: DXF opening different on T2
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 09:45:09 AM »
 :o  Yeah I just confirmed all of it except what it looks like in corel draw since I dont have that.  Maybe tray saving it in corel as a different format and opening it in inkscape or just make a jpg and use t2 to trace.
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 09:51:29 AM »
It has a number of errors in that DXF, some maybe due to the settings you used or incompatibility with Corel's export.

The size is tiny, only 3mm this causes many of the issues. I manually added a header to fix that and it looked better but to make it accurate I used QCAD and exploded the objects.

I've used DXF from Corel X7 and they usually work OK, but maybe I remember to explode before saving. I usually use the PLT format from Corel as it automatically supports hatch patterns which is really nice.

See attached.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 09:54:40 AM by Zax »

Tribo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 04:56:14 PM »
This dxf I downloaded from the internet.
I have preferred to export to T2 as .plt, it's pretty simple and everything goes straight, size and lines ... I liked this scheme of colors to export in plt, but for me the colors do not change the strength of the laser, it changes the speed ; Black = 350 (my choice in vector rate), Blue = 740, Green = 870, yellow = 1000
I would rather change the laser's strength
I've been robbed.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 06:32:36 PM »
There's a setting in the DXF options menu to use colors for feed rate, if that's not checked it will use laser power. You can set the percentage change from each color or let it range from min to max.