Author Topic: New to T2 - Time & Speed Settings  (Read 1726 times)

ben3991

• View Profile
New to T2 - Time & Speed Settings
« on: March 04, 2017, 01:51:45 AM »
Hi,

Firstly, i'm very new to laser engraving so please bear with me and thank you in advance!

I moved to T2 Laser as Benbox seemed to have it's limitations and I am just messing about trying to find the best solution.

T2 is much better but I cannot seem to adjust the burn time or speed. Within Benbox there is field where you can adjust this setting, I just can't find it in T2.

My test engraves always seem to be burned as if the laser ot to strong or on the burn for too long.

I'm using the 1.6MW Eleks Laser, with the firmware that autoconnetcs with T2.

Very apprecative of any advice!

Thanks

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: New to T2 - Time & Speed Settings
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 05:07:09 AM »
I would suggest watching my starter series of videos (click Help / YouTube), as they cover most of the basics. You can also press Shift-F1 (or click Help / Manual) to bring up the manual.

Speed (feed rate) and laser power are the important variables, along with resolution.

They are the icons across the top.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 05:08:34 AM by Zax »

ben3991

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 02:03:22 PM »
Hi Zak,

thank you very much, thats made things much better!

One more question :) I'm having an issue with picture sizes.

I have to use an image size of around 1600x1600px in order to get a burn size of around 6cm (ish). This is becoming difficult as images I want to burn arent that big!

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
Ben

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 02:40:36 PM »
A couple of things are causing that, first set your resolution to 0.1 (fine) or 0.15 (std) and then after you load the image click on the output size (far right icon) and set your desired size.

An image that is 1600 px at 0.1 resolution would import as 160 mm width (16 cm) but of course you can change it to whatever you like.

If you are doing larger engravings (>150 mm) I would recommend 0.15 or even 0.2 which should be sufficient if you slightly de-focus the laser. The beam is usually ~0.15 when focused so 0.2 is easily achieved and will significantly reduce the engraving time.

ben3991

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 07:57:40 AM »
Hi Zax,

Thanks for your help, I've sent you a message via this system, could you confirm if this has been received? I can't see a record of it!

Thanks
Ben

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 08:04:55 AM »
Yes. I received your email.