Author Topic: Prusa I3 Mk2s  (Read 333 times)

wild.bill

• View Profile
Re: Prusa I3 Mk2s
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 04:55:30 AM »
Wish I had all of this when I was 20!

You can say that again, but the technology was not available then. I was still using an ASR33 and paper tape to program my computer which was big. Still have it - any one need a PDP8 with core memory?
Hey Laser Lips, Your mother was a snowblower

SARCASM? Not me

Lob0426

• Global Moderator
  • Let the Magic Blue Smoke out!
    • View Profile
    • Richards RasPi Web Server
Re: Prusa I3 Mk2s
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 10:51:59 AM »
My start was on Apple2 at the college when I was about 14. Summer classes. First personal computer was a Timex Sinclair kit, me and my brother assembled. The local college still does not have any courses for CNC except a couple in the gun smithing course for a CNC lathe.

CNC was not widely available in my 20's either. Most do not understand that 3D printers are CNC "devices", as are these Lasers! Except for the M codes most other "gcode" are very similar. I say similar as some gcode is not standard from all product manufacturers.

This stuff does come in handy when you cannot find just the right part you want. The 3D printers are the easiest of all to get from concept to finished part. The mill and lathe are not as easy due to two factors 1. Software for "CNC" is heavily "monetized" and 2. You have to learn to deal with differences in materials. Actually there is the whole learning to be a machinist also.
Richard
A5 2.5W w/homing switches on L7
A5 2W diode self upgraded from stock 500mw

Experimenting with Mega2560 board upgrade