Author Topic: Mana SE no firware upload  (Read 242 times)

Zambody

• View Profile
Mana SE no firware upload
« on: April 26, 2017, 01:50:49 AM »
Hi, new Mana SE card with 2 problems.
1: The LED D4 flashes when button is pressed but goes out an then ev flashes. Is that LED suppsoes to be on continues?
2: trynig upload firmare with T2Laser but get only errors ... not in sync..

Any idea?
/Sören
2.5W A3 BangGood laser
Kossel Mini 3D-printer

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Mana SE no firware upload
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 04:59:25 AM »
You may have one of their "newer" new Mana SE boards, they changed from the authentic Atmel microcontroller to some knock-off. It's supposed to be a clone and fully compatible but perhaps it requires a different string for flashing firmware.

I don't have one (mine is an original Mana SE that still has a standard chip) so I don't know what the LED sequence should be. You could try using XLoader to install the firmware.

The other thing you could try is pressing the reset button just before trying to upload firmware.

Zambody

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 06:04:07 AM »
Ok, I think I have solved that problem. After trying X-loader I succeded to upload  firmware with T2. The other problem seams to be hardware related. No voltage across the 1000uF 16V el-lyt, with the button up or down (!). Have checked with different cabels and powersup. 12V feeds to the switch but after that? With no schematic its tricky to figure out whats going on.
2.5W A3 BangGood laser
Kossel Mini 3D-printer

Stonemull

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 06:06:28 AM »
String is set within the bootloader code not the microprocessor.
Clone issues are more likely to be using a different serial-usb chip and some of the drivers can be problematic.

Personally I would grab the arduino IDE if you don't already have it and see if you dan program it with that, probably will not work but you will get erroor messages telling you why.

Have you got the correct micro selected for the firmware upload ?
A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Hacked Roland DXY-880

Stonemull

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 06:09:14 AM »
The 12v from the switch goes to the laser module, the pololu motor drivers (Vmotor pin) and the 5v buck supply for the servo motor drive, the nano is USB powered.
Sounds like a faulty switch.
A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Hacked Roland DXY-880

Zambody

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 01:51:21 PM »
Thanks for answer, I will check the switch agan. I also suspect the ellyt but I had no suitable in stock. Would be interesting to see the schematics but the PCB is probably mulyilayer and you can't put a prob in all interesting points. Noticed the Mana Se was out of stock in the EU-warehouse. It takes for ever from China  :-[
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:52:13 PM by Zambody »
2.5W A3 BangGood laser
Kossel Mini 3D-printer

Stonemull

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 09:35:25 PM »
Its only a double leyer board, not even well laid out really.
Just short the switch for the time being.
Like I said, so long as you get 12v to the pololu motor driver pin and the lasee you are set, one wire .. from 12v in to laser 12v terminal (unless they are using both poles of the switch and switching ground too, unlikely) will do the job.
A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Hacked Roland DXY-880

Zambody

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 04:48:41 AM »
One of the el-lyt was the problem. Replaced and the card is working as expected.
2.5W A3 BangGood laser
Kossel Mini 3D-printer