Files For Download > STL

Air Blower

(1/2) > >>

Camera:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2286194

kibodwin:
Hi Camera,
I plan to print this off (in one go, 8 hours +!!) but I was wondering how strong the air out the nozzle is. Is is enough to blow soot away? These types of fans done seem to be very powerful...
thanks
=)

Camera:

--- Quote from: kibodwin on May 09, 2017, 02:08:35 AM ---Hi Camera,
I plan to print this off (in one go, 8 hours +!!) but I was wondering how strong the air out the nozzle is. Is is enough to blow soot away? These types of fans done seem to be very powerful...
thanks
=)

--- End quote ---

Sorry for the late reply.  The air is quite strong because it blow out from a small hole.  If you think it is too strong, you may redo the nozzle to a bigger diameter say 6mm.

kibodwin:
No problem, be as later as you like.
I am.looking for a solution to blow away the spot from engraving wood, do you think this would do it? I am looking for quite a strong jet of air.... Sorry if I am being difficult!
Ki
:-)

ThothLoki:

--- Quote from: kibodwin on May 16, 2017, 10:43:45 PM ---No problem, be as later as you like.
I am.looking for a solution to blow away the spot from engraving wood, do you think this would do it? I am looking for quite a strong jet of air.... Sorry if I am being difficult!
Ki
:-)

--- End quote ---

That setup with a linear fan like that should be fine for you. Pawpaw has a setup that uses one of those fans and I know Ralph (Admin) has it on his machine for cutting.
If you think you need more powerfull, look here: http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,927.msg22759.html#msg22759
I have mine connected to my air compressor and regulated at 10-20 PSI depending on what I am working on. I like the ability to adjust the PSI on the fly with my setup. Only problem is my compressor runs a lot. It can get a bit noisy when trying to cut something at 1am. I would like to try one of these computer fan versions when I get my 3D printer (eventually).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version