Author Topic: 28BYJ-48 motors  (Read 1624 times)

Stonemull

• View Profile
Re: 28BYJ-48 motors
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 08:54:34 PM »
900pps min, so pulses per second, minimum.

20 steps per revolution, 900pps = 45rps motor
/300 approx .. roughly 6 seconds per revolution.

0.5mm pitch .. 12 seconds for 1mm
A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Wanhao I3+ touch
Hacked Roland DXY-880
CNC3018 engraver
CNC Plasma (work in progress)

Stonemull

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 12:57:00 PM »
I was going to the Z axis with a cam pushing the motor/drill down and rely on a spring to return the mech, then I figured that a spring lift can't be trusted, if the drill does not return then carriage moves, snapped drill.
It was a pain to get 4 guide bars lined up, so I pretty much started again with me Z axis, changed to this transparent red ABS as it sets hard a rock and sticks to the bed unlike the purple garbage I was using. The dual guides works fine and is a lot smoother.
Bought a few 3x10x4 bearings from a local store, only $2.50 each lol, came back home and irdered 10 more for $2.76 delivered.

A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Wanhao I3+ touch
Hacked Roland DXY-880
CNC3018 engraver

MarcusJ

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2017, 05:34:57 AM »
Very cool!  On a side note, what size is the spindle motor?  And what can you cut with it?

Stonemull

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2017, 09:15:27 AM »
Spindle motor is marked 3.6V and is from a dead rechargeable engraver set I got years ago from a $2 shop  .. except it was like $10 and I only bought it for all the bits in the set, mainly the collets as my 240V dremel had a few missing and it was cheaper to buy this than one dremel collet.
So it sat on a shelf for years though I did pull it out every year or so for a charge one of the batterys has pretty much died, they are like a half C size thing.
On 3.2V stall current is over 1.5A with crappy wires and from looking in the motor vents on top it has pretty substantial brush assembly. Probably only running at around 4000rpm I would guess from the sound.

I do not intend to cut or mill anything with it, it is just for drilling pcbs, it would not have enough lateral rigidity and has around 0.2mm shaft runout at the collet I would estimate, it is only a bushed motor but I might upgrade and add an RC ESC and a brushless motor later if I can find a good way to fit a nice little chuck or collet onto the motor.

I just finished a 3rd axis mod on the Mana SE and documented it on an imgur album http://imgur.com/a/yq7U6

works fine on the engraver.
Things to do list is getting shorter, need to wire up the spindle motor to the motor output and unplug the laser and look for drill file to gcode converters to see if I need to write any code. I am sure someone did one..
oh look there at least one .. https://sourceforge.net/projects/ncdr2cnc/

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 09:16:25 AM by Stonemull »
A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Wanhao I3+ touch
Hacked Roland DXY-880
CNC3018 engraver