Author Topic: Banggood Shipping/ Tariff Insurance  (Read 165 times)

TGinn21

• View Profile
Banggood Shipping/ Tariff Insurance
« on: May 03, 2017, 08:11:28 AM »
I plan on purchasing "EleksMaker® EleksLaser-A3 Pro 2500mW Laser Engraving Machine CNC Laser Printer" from Banggood. For those of you who have purchased through Banggood, what shipping method did you use? I am in Arizona, if that makes any difference. If I pick the upgraded shipping will I need to use Tariff Insurance? I couldn't find much info regarding tariffs with China in the USA, so I don't know if purchasing the insurance would be throwing money down the drain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
Re: Banggood Shipping/ Tariff Insurance
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 08:34:58 AM »
I did not buy my laser engraver from banggood but I have bought parts for it (belts and whatnot). I paid through paypal and did not pay for any additional insurance and had no problem. I live in Minnesota.
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board
Software: T2L
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

TGinn21

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 08:53:49 AM »
I did not buy my laser engraver from banggood but I have bought parts for it (belts and whatnot). I paid through paypal and did not pay for any additional insurance and had no problem. I live in Minnesota.

What shipping method did you use? There is free air parcel register (7-20 days), expedited (5-8 days... This is the method that offers tarrif insurance) and EMS (7-15 days).

The expedited shipping is only 14 dollars extra, so it would seem like a no brainier. I just don't know about the whole tariff insurance business, as it would add 10% to the order.

Stonemull

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 11:13:29 AM »
I am in australia so shipping method was different, I paid about $5 extra for shipping insurance though since it had the option.
A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Hacked Roland DXY-880

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 01:12:55 PM »
I do the cheapest method possible

I can understand with Australia. You guys get screwed over on shipping. The price of living on an island
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board
Software: T2L
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 02:39:04 PM »
No problems at all buying from banggood, no tariffs to pay and I've used both the free shipping and expedited.

wild.bill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 02:42:18 PM »
If you want it fast use DHL - I have had things delivered in 48 hours, but most things I get from Banggood I use the standard free shopping.

Hey Laser Lips, Your mother was a snowblower

SARCASM? Not me

mrehmus

• Pilot, submariner, model engineer, etc., etc.
    • View Profile
    • Model Engine Builder
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 03:24:47 PM »
Use the DHL option. 5 days from order to delivery and it arrived in very good shape. I think I paid $11 for the faster shipping (and it has 'real' tracking IIRC).
mrehmus
editor, Model Engine Builder magazine
Elekslaser A3 2.5 watt via Banggood
BCL
Qidi X-one 3D printer
Machine Shop with manual and CNC machines

TGinn21

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 03:29:35 PM »
I went ahead and ordered with the free shipping. Although expedited was tempting, I've plenty to do while I wait for order anyways. Thanks for all the opinions and experiences. It eases mind to know there have been plenty of good experiences with Banggood.