Author Topic: resizing logo  (Read 1361 times)

micky

• View Profile
resizing logo
« on: May 14, 2017, 02:06:30 AM »
Question from an absolute novice...
I'm trying to engrave a logo onto a piece of leather. It's a jpeg file, size in mm is about 120mm square. I want to enrgrave it at around 15mm square. So I open the file in T2Laser, and I use the 'Output size' option to reduce the size in mm, keeping the aspect lock on. Problem is, my logo then becomes totally smudged/blurred and unusable. If I use the 'auto trace' option on my logo, and then try to resize, the logo reverts back to being a solid image, rather than a traced outline.
Could someone give me some idiot-proof advice on how to do this properly please? Thanks very much!

micky

• View Profile
Re: resizing logo
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 04:08:45 AM »
Solved - I had my resolution set too low. Set it to 0.05 and the logo looks fine now

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: resizing logo
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 04:45:56 AM »
I'm glad you found the solution, I don't usually recommend less than 0.1 for resolution as the laser spot itself is around 0.1 to 0.15 but for something 15mm in size it's probably necessary.

On my to-do list is to allow resizing of the trace result, so you can trace the larger image (better quality) and then resize the vector which won't lose quality, it should make it in the next release as it's #2 on the list now.