Author Topic: A Few Questions about T2Laser  (Read 720 times)

jsthomps

• View Profile
A Few Questions about T2Laser
« on: June 01, 2017, 09:37:38 AM »
Hi,
I have a registered copy of T2laser controlling an EleksLaser A5. The S/W is excellent and I am having fun experimenting with all the software settings however I have a few questions:
  • My machine does not support PWM as the laser only has the two power leads but to my surprise when I play with the max laser settings T2 adjusts the power output accordingly. How is it doing this?
  • Does anyone have some recommended settings for velocity mode?
  • While I've been playing with velocity mode I have determined that my A5 has an upper rate limit of 3500 mm/min. Just curious if any other members have measured the upper limit of their machines.
thanks in advance
Scott

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: A Few Questions about T2Laser
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 10:52:57 AM »
Hi Scott, that's great to hear.

Your laser does not support TTL but it can use pulse width modulation to switch the MOSFET on and off quickly which creates a variable power. It's not as linear as a true TTL module but as you've found, it works.

I'm glad you've found velocity mode, it's actually a better solution to getting grey scale with a non-TTL laser as it's very linear and can even work better than true TTL. You want to set the rapid feed rate at a level where it's not quite burning and then the raster feed rate where the burn is dark, the wider the margin the better the results will be.

3500 is about right, especially for scanning as you'll start to get backlash when the belts stretch no matter how good your machine setup is.

jsthomps

• View Profile
Re: A Few Questions about T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 08:23:40 AM »
Thanks for the feedback Zax
Scott