Author Topic: Excelion drill files..  (Read 1000 times)

Stonemull

• View Profile
Excelion drill files..
« on: June 08, 2017, 12:12:12 PM »
Anybody have any interest ?

I am up to here so far (this is with output disabled, so not moving the laser, I got an error 25 from grbl with this file, will sort it tomorrow night)  .. added a file preread for image scaling and black circles for drill holes as most of my little boards need to be scaled up by a factor of like 10 or more to fit the screen.

I started on this as I figure the 2D delta plasma cutter I want to make is probably going to have to write my own 'slicer' for it, what better way to learn than to simply do it..

A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Wanhao I3+ touch
Hacked Roland DXY-880
CNC3018 engraver
CNC Plasma (work in progress)

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Excelion drill files..
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 01:14:45 PM »
I'm interested. If it is of any use, I have a small and undocumented hack C file to convert from ecelion to gcode. Used it to drill a 1.8mm abs board on a friends cnc mill.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

ka4wwv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 01:02:34 AM »
I have both the Elkesmaker A3 and their mill.  I would like to do the photo develop on the A3 then do the drilling on the mill. That would make a nice addition to function of these machines.
Eleksmaker Mill
Elkesmaker A3 Pro
T2Laser 1.xx

Not fond of Windows..
LINUX version?  Hint Hint

Stonemull

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 01:17:10 PM »
grr @ visual studio, so I was working on getting nice jogging functionality and renaming function names and somehow it managed to totally discard my grbl feedback parsing routines.. just gone.

This was a whole swag of string carving functions to get nice data all categorised into variables.

MS strikes again. ah well, lesson learnt .. source control turned on.

Lol, it could be worse .. was wondering if I could view a previous version somewhere and found these posts .. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/b32e47a9-d86c-473a-9449-a7f5c202463c/visual-studio-code-just-deleted-all-my-files?forum=visualstudiogeneral

Then I did almost the same actions as topic starter. I clicked "Undo all changes" after accidentally clicked on CVS and that stupid stuff grabs all files in my working archive... and BOOM! All gone. All hard work for years just PFF... GONE!

I HATE EVERYONE WHO INVOLVED IN "VS CODE" REALIZATION, WHICH LED ME TO LOSING ALL MY ARCHIVE OF CODE.
Who the he** in this world decided that it will be nice to automatically create some git repository just when user observing interface?

A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Wanhao I3+ touch
Hacked Roland DXY-880
CNC3018 engraver

Stonemull

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 05:11:16 AM »
Well here is what i have been doing for the last week. also added a real world drill file to test it with, this does not open gcode files (yet), only excelion drill files.
It has bugs and is quite crashable probably, it does no writing to the disk, only reads the drill file into a list then closes it, then all processing is done on that list.
nothing but gcode commands are sent to grbl, it will not change anything on the PC or grbl.
It treats every hole as the same size atm, no pausing for drill changes.

The idea for the moment is that I jog to the bottom left pad (or an easily identifiable hole) then you double click the pad onscreen and that sets the workpiece origin based on that pads offset.
Single click a pad (within 1mm of pad centre or click is ignored).
What it does when you hit "Drill" is move to a hole position then runs the text in the "z height" boxes one after another, these are supposed to be complete gcode lines.
Cicking on the laser checkbox sets an example laser function, unclicking it and it is an example (slow!) z move, all editable in real time. I am using a z feed in the laser boxes to time the laser on and off, i started with using G4 commands (delays) but found the laser would not always turn on. Will work on that later, I am doing this to learn gcode betterer..

Laser mode is just for testing, i should be able to put a drilled board on there or a print out of a board and the laser will flash over each hole.

The reason I am doing this is that I am going to be using my old plotter to etch the boards then the A3 to drill them, so there is a good chance I will get scaling errors on the axis, so I want a calibration procedure to set the corners and scale the drilling accordingly.
This will also be the starting platform for a plasma cutter controller which will need lots of preprocessing, so I want every bit of info grbl has displayed onscreen ultimately, including probes and stuff.. so this is very much an ongoing thing for my sake, maybe someone else will find it useful.

comments welcome if anyone can be bothered. this is my first ever windows program so .. yeh.. still a lot of cleaning up to do

edit: ok it seems I have either been crashing the forum or getting myself a temporay ban by trying to post a zip file containing an exe ?

So instead here is a link to a dropbox folder with the software and a test file. It is in my public folder so I think it should work ?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/imco22sj53tyd1s/AADLo0bTCHT-78mBVnyp0cb8a?dl=0

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 05:58:16 AM by Stonemull »
A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Wanhao I3+ touch
Hacked Roland DXY-880
CNC3018 engraver